“If you want to learn surf, this is the school you should attend”

Stoked School of Surf Lessons & Surf Trips
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Stoked School of Surf is a 'mobile' surf school and surf tour operation. We offer lessons along the beautiful beaches of the spectacular Cape Peninsula and 4- and 7- day learn-to-surf trips along the pristine coastline of the Garden Route and the Southern Cape. We can also customize private surf trips for those in search of more advanced breaks. So whether you've never touched a surfboard before or have ridden some waves in your lifetime, be sure to experience the 'stoke' with Stoked School of Surf.
Stockholm, Sweden
“If you want to learn surf, this is the school you should attend”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Attending "The stoked surf school "gave me a whole new experience and interest in surfing. After taking part of many schools and lessions in Australia, I can tell that no one was so good as this one in Caprtown. With a group of not too many people, teachers who has a really patient and supporting way of teach, and an offer to pick you up if you do not have axcess to a car, stoked surf school becomes a really proffesional school. The thing I liked the most, was the fact that the teatcher always did the best to help you and tried to answered your questions in the best way. From what I have experienced from my earlier schools, the main focus there was at getting good photos of you on the surfingboards insted of teatching you how to surf, and then tried to sell so much photos to you as possible. This school learn you how to start and develop, and if you want photos of you on the board ,it is included in the price. It seems like the schools most important thing is to give there students a fun time, and the really succed! Even if I did not stand up after my first lession I went up from the water with a smile on my lips and a realxing feeling in my body, simulair to the one you have after practicing a class of yoga. I stood up after my secound lession, and that feeling was even better! If you do not try to surf you will miss something, and I also am of a believe that if you are in Capetown, you should definitely attend this school!

Visited July 2011

Belfast, United Kingdom
“brialiant made me want to take up surfing at home”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

was a great experience and michelle was excellent at teaching, managed to get up on the 1st lesson and had a briliant time! thinking about buying a surfboard at home and tryiong it out in ireland! would definatly recommend it!

Visited July 2011
bso
“STOKED IS HECTICCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEKKA TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

This trip was so fun, I never surfed once in my life and Michelle helped me catch a wave that was 3 meters!!!! She is great, not to mention looks good while doing it ;). The trip is well worth the money, nothing but good times. Mad love to STOKED SCHOOL OF SURF!!

LEKKA BRUUUUSS

Visited April 2011
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“I found a new hobby - I'm stoked and I'm addicted”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

My friend and I have discussed attempting surfing since we moved down from Jo'burg, but we never had the guts to try. i bought her a voucher for her birthday and we headed off to our first lesson, we loved it so much we signed up for 3 more lessons.

My first surf without Michelle my coach was great, I was confident and addicted. Only problem was that I was spoilt by her top notch equipment. My loan wetsuit chaffed my neck, I froze and it was the opposite of flexible. My loan board was okay, but I missed my Stoked yellow board.

Thanks to Michelle our winter weekends come rain or shine have become filled with activity and fun in the surf. We are looking forward to a summer surf, maybe even a trip up the Garden Route with Stoked Surf School.

Visited June 2011
Sydney, Canada
“The Best Part of My South Africa Adventure”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Stoked is absolutely awesome. Not only is pick-up and drop-off offered, but you also get nuanced training according to your level and aspirations, with top-of-the-line equipment, and a guaranteed STOKE to boot. There are other surf schools in the Muizenberg area, but none compare to what Stoked offers.
After my four lessons with Michelle, I was not only riding waves in consistently, but also trying some basic carving at the back with the more experienced surfers. I have been back in Canada for three days, and already have a board and have hit the waves here -- and it's all thanks to Michelle.
Surfing with Stoked was my favorite activity in Cape Town (even more so than Abseiling and Paragliding), and recommend that anyone who has a free morning to book with Stoked and get a taste of the South African surfing experience -- you won't forget it!

Visited June 2011