“Disappointing”

Cape Town Stadium (Green Point Stadium)
Book In Advance
104 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We were lucky to come at a time when there was a tour, but this is where our luck ran out. The stadium is boring compared to European standards. There are no club colours , due to the fact that it belongs to the city. Rooms are empty and the only interesting thing I noticed was the safes in the locker rooms. From the outside it is a nice stadium, that looks great on the skyline, everyting on the inside is nicely kept, but we had to search hard to find where we could actually buy our tour tickets. We were in an out in less than 30 minutes.

Visited April 2014

• Slovak first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Quality Stadium Tour”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

What fantastic value at R45!! The tour itself takes approx 1 hour and takes in everything from the changing rooms to the FIFA areas. The one thing you cant do is look within the private boxes as these are all leased privately.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Elliot D
Edinburgh, Scotland
118 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Modern & Impressive”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Nicely guided one hour trip with the very helpful Guillame and thanks for the photos.
Impressive building - they were still dismantling Eminem's set.
Nice contrast with my trip to Newlands for Stormers game - think I still prefer the tradition of the old place though.
Also visited the old rugby and cricket grounds over the road.
Thanks also to (David?) the security guy who helped me out with advice.
Very easy walk from V&A - tours at 10.12 and 2.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank McArthur3
Albufeira, Portugal
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“Nelson Mandela, A Life Celebrated”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was honoured and privileged to be able to attend this very special and historic event, one of the highlights of my life. We were also very fortunate to have seats on the field and to sit just 6 rows from the stage. The gates were opened 2 hours before the concert started and with hundreds of people, singing and dancing in the queue, we were let in quickly and easily. The concert was exceptionally well put together, balanced between speakers, bands and choirs and our view of the stage, video screens and the acoustics, were all excellent.

Tickets to the event were free and people could get a maximum of 5 tickets. I think a maximum of 50 000 tickets were allocated, way below capacity and not everyone used their full allocation of tickets. I thought it a great shame that no announcement was made, asking people to hand in their unused tickets, as there were many people outside, desperate to get into this historic event.

Quite early in the concert, I had to go outside to meet someone. There were no signs directing me from the field, no signs in the tunnels, parking garage or anywhere else, to show me where the exits were and no official could direct me. It took me 20 minutes to get from the field to the outside perimeter of the stadium. Thank goodness there was no emergency.

Visited December 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Mandella Cellebration Of Life Concert”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We visited the Stadium for Mandella's Celebration of Life Concert.Incredible Structure but sound was Terrible could not hear the Words by the Performers.Would never Pay to attend a Concert in this Venue.Hopefully its better for Soccer.When we left the Sound from the Band was better than in the Parking Lot.

Visited December 2013