“Extraordinary”
Review of Photography Tours

Photography Tours
Ranked #85 of 332 Tours in Cape Town Central
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Photography Tours Half or Full Day (from R1500 p/person) Scheduled Full Day Photo Tours(from R1500 p/person) Scheduled group walks 4 different routes (6 days a week excluding sunday)
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My father and I spent four days touring with James.

James exceeded my expectations. He was effective as both a tour guide and in providing photography advice.

James knew the best spots to get great photographs. He ensured that we were at them when the light was best.

James was always on time. All four of our days were well organized.

James was flexible providing options and advice to individualize the tours to meet personal interests.

People are raving about my photographs of the Western Cape!

2  Thank Tim S
There are newer reviews for Photography Tours

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Not having an experience in photography, I wasn't sure what to expect when I booked myself onto a photography tour with James.
To say it exceeded my expectations is putting it lightly!
I learnt SO much from one afternoon, and it really was as if a 'click' went off, and voila! the photos I'm now taking are a MILLION miles of an improvement!
My Husband and I headed out to Sutherland to take photos of the stars and milky way! If we had booked this trip before my photography tour, I know for a fact they would all have been black blurrs and not the most fantastic photos (albeit still amateur photos) I've ever taken!

I am, without doubt, making these tours a big part of my learning experience as well as an opportunity to see new parts of this beautiful city we live in!

Thank you James!
I sincerely appreciate your tutorship.
Claudine.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Can't recommend more the tour with James! He's amazing photographer and was very helpful. He attracted my attention to the things I would've otherwise missed. Thank you, James, I will definitely take a tour with you again whenever I'm back to South Africa!

PhotographyTours, Owner at Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank You.

It was an absolute pleasure photographing and showing Cape Town to you.

I really like how so many of my tours start with 'clients' and leave as friends!

Safe Travels and I hope to meet again soon. Till then please stay in touch via Facebook

Happy Shooting
James

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Definitely choose James-He will be the best way to adventure Cape Town. He has extensive knowledge of the area. He is very accommodating, and is not only a great teacher, he is great company, with a charming sense of humor and full of energy that is infectious. James will fit in with what you would like to do and photograph. He will be mindful of your safety, but quite happy to push you into something adventurous. I took hikes up lionshead with him, did the coastal tour, wineland tour, township tour and city tour. We also hiked a forest and up a charming creek. Lunch places chosen were fun and local, we also discovered many secret spots that were great fun.

1  Thank Natalie R
PhotographyTours, Owner at Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you Natalie, our four days together were filled with laughter, fun and lots of lots of photography!! With all the travels and photography you do its always nice to try find something new to keep you interested - having looked at your photo stream from the trip its wonderful tosee how many beautiful images you have taken! I do hope one day to meet again!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My sister and I did a photo tour with James and had a great time. He picked us up at 5am to get some amazing sunrise shots over Cape Town. The day was full and we photographed everything...beaches, penguins, fishing towns, cape preserve, Chapman's peak, etc. We did a few short hikes. My sister is not so much into photography, but she enjoyed the tour and learned more about her point and shoot camera. We visited tons of places that we otherwise would not have seen on our own. He gave me some tips on photography and on composition. I would highly recommend doing a photo tour with James. He's very knowledgeable about Cape Town and about photography. He's friendly, organized, and can plan a perfect day. It's a great way to see lots of places and learn about photography!

1  Thank travellingwrld2010

Thank you so much for you review. We had a wonderful time together, everything from Cape Point to hikes in a local forest and swimmming in a secret forest pool. It was interesting to combine a regular tour for your sister and the photography aspect with you. I have no doubt you got many more beautiful pics on the rest of your trip thru Africa. Its good to stay in contact via FB, Happy Shooting! Hope to meet again.