“The Best way to tour!”
Review of Photography Tours

Photography Tours
Ranked #77 of 336 Tours in Cape Town Central
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Photography Tours Half or Full Day (from R1500 p/person) Scheduled Full Day Photo Tours(from R1500 p/person) Scheduled group walks 4 different routes (6 days a week excluding sunday)
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Definitely choose James-He will be the best way to adventure Cape Town. He has extensive knowledge of the area. He is very accommodating, and is not only a great teacher, he is great company, with a charming sense of humor and full of energy that is infectious. James will fit in with what you would like to do and photograph. He will be mindful of your safety, but quite happy to push you into something adventurous. I took hikes up lionshead with him, did the coastal tour, wineland tour, township tour and city tour. We also hiked a forest and up a charming creek. Lunch places chosen were fun and local, we also discovered many secret spots that were great fun.

1  Thank Natalie R
PhotographyTours, Owner at Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you Natalie, our four days together were filled with laughter, fun and lots of lots of photography!! With all the travels and photography you do its always nice to try find something new to keep you interested - having looked at your photo stream from the trip its wonderful tosee how many beautiful images you have taken! I do hope one day to meet again!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My sister and I did a photo tour with James and had a great time. He picked us up at 5am to get some amazing sunrise shots over Cape Town. The day was full and we photographed everything...beaches, penguins, fishing towns, cape preserve, Chapman's peak, etc. We did a few short hikes. My sister is not so much into photography, but she enjoyed the tour and learned more about her point and shoot camera. We visited tons of places that we otherwise would not have seen on our own. He gave me some tips on photography and on composition. I would highly recommend doing a photo tour with James. He's very knowledgeable about Cape Town and about photography. He's friendly, organized, and can plan a perfect day. It's a great way to see lots of places and learn about photography!

1  Thank travellingwrld2010

Thank you so much for you review. We had a wonderful time together, everything from Cape Point to hikes in a local forest and swimmming in a secret forest pool. It was interesting to combine a regular tour for your sister and the photography aspect with you. I have no doubt you got many more beautiful pics on the rest of your trip thru Africa. Its good to stay in contact via FB, Happy Shooting! Hope to meet again.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Because my partner loves to photograph I booked a tour through the vinyards with James. We visited some vinyards, beautifull gardens, Stellenbosch, and he knew the best views! We had a great day. He knows a lot about the area and he tought us a lot about photography. We had a great day and would recommend him to anyone. Even if you don't have a fancy camera, but just want to make pictures of beautifull sceneries!!

PhotographyTours, Owner at Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

It was an abolsute pleasure to have spent time with both of you photographing the beautiful wine region. Safe journey till we meet again. James

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I booked James's tour as my sister is an avid photographer not knowing what to expect. James is an amazing and knowledgeable guide. Just by watching the shots he liked and some of the angles he pointed out I learned how to find beauty and all of the things I saw. I also felt like I got to see the very best angles of Cape Town I would have missed if on my own. I would highly recommend him for beginner and pro photographers and those who want to experience a new angle during their vacation!

1  Thank kiks8084

Thank you so much for the kind words. I often have tours where one person is not a photographer so it is so nice to read a review with the non photographers opnion and that you enjoyed it too *smile* |

Safe travels to both you and your sister, I hope to meet again someday
James

Reviewed December 10, 2012

The best day of my holiday was spent with James learning about my new camera. He gave me a real insight to Cape Town life and was very flexible about changing the day’s itinerary to fit in the things I hadn’t had the chance to do yet. You won’t be disappointed!

1  Thank Sophie P