“Beautiful hotel, slick and modern.”

Queen Victoria Hotel & Manor House
Ranked #16 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here for two nights for our anniversary. They had champagne and chocolates for us. the rooms were lovely. They bring chocolates at night. The breakfast was fantastic. We did have a problem with the room, it had no heat. So they ended up upgrading us to a junior suite which made out stay even more special. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil M, Managing Director at Queen Victoria Hotel & Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Good day

Thanks for the lovely feedback, I'm glad to hear that the staff at the Queen Victoria Hotel could assist in making your anniversary a special one. We hope to welcome you back to Queen Victoria Hotel on your next visit to South Africa.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Absolutely wonderful, from the minute we walked in the door. The staff were very professional, but so friendly and helpful for first time visitors to Cape Town. Perfectly situated for the V&A Waterfront's shopping and restaurants. The beds were the most comfortable we've ever slept in (I wanted to stay forever!). Our room was beautifully decorated, up there with Hong Kong's Peninsula for comfort and elegance (yes, we have stayed there). Breakfasts were superb, a great choice for either cooked or continental. Excellent value and would definitely stay if ever lucky enough to visit Cape Town again - just wish it was closer to Australia. Have been singing QV's praises to everyone and have told my travel agent how great our stay was. We loved it.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Marg & Dennis

Thank you very much for this stunning review on your recent stay at Queen Victoria Hotel. I'm glad to hear you had such a wonderful stay and that the staff at QV were so friendly and helpful. I hope you'll be able to make your way to Cape Town again soon and allow us to host you once again!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Not the largest breakfast but location, cleanliness and service make it all worth it. Rooms are well kept. The staff was incredibly helpful. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking in the waterfront area.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank bwenzofsky
Neil M, Managing Director at Queen Victoria Hotel & Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Good day

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. Thanks for the complimentary remarks regarding our facilities and services.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a great couple of nights at the Queen Vic. Rooms are very spacious and the position within walking distance of fantastic restaurants and entertainment was fantastic. Only problem was working out how the lights worked so please ask them when you get to your room.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Michele

Thanks for your lovely review on the Queen Victoria Hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We enjoyed 4 days last month in this world class city. Our travel agent booked
us into the Queen Victoria Hotel and we found it to be ideal. The location is
excellent...just a few minutes walk to the waterfront...and we could see both the
waterfront and table mountain from our balcony. The room was very spacious
and well furnished. The public areas are quite nice and the hotel has an excellent
restaurant and bar where we enjoyed food and drink on several occasions. The
breakfast is especially grand. I saved the staff comments for last. Kudos to Bobby
the manager, to Gershon the concierge, to Phinde the wonderful and efficient
waitress and to Giya, the bartender. A wonderful team who contributed to making
our stay memorable. Certainly hope to return to Cape Town and the Queen Victoria
Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joefish925
Neil M, Managing Director at Queen Victoria Hotel & Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Good day

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review on the Queen Victoria Hotel. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff contributed to making your stay a special one. I will pass your complimentary remarks on to Bobby, Gershon, Phinde and Giya - we pride ourselves on delivering the highest standard of service, so it is great to receive such positive feedback!

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

When we were picked up at the airport we were informed that we had been upgraded from our V&A booking. The cynic in me said yeah right just a scam because we got a cheap rate on booking.com. Boy was I wrong. To be fair I have not stayed at the V&A, but their is no way this place is not a huge upgrade. From the warm greeting by the doorman, to the attentive service during check-in, the experience following 24hrs of travel was wonderful. We are in 1212 ( don't leave until tomorrow) which has an ok view of the mountain ( or at least the clouds covering it). But let's face it, who wants to spend time indoors looking out, when you are a short stroll to the centre of it all.
On our second day we headed out on a shark tour, when we returned to our room, we had a note saying we had reservations at Gold Resturant. Now this was on our list of things to do, but I will swear up and down that I did not pass that on to the hotel. I confronted Bobby about this and he claims I must have mentioned it on check-in. The fact that they remembered (and acted upon) something I have no recollection of speaks volumes to the attention to detail by this hotel staff ( BTW, highly recommend a night at Gold).
Every morning we were greeted by our friends in the dining room, and after a few days I believe you will also refer to the dining room staff as friends, they are just that nice, where we were treated to a magnificent breakfast, that became on of the highlights of the day.
Tonight we stayed in and had dinner at Dash. what a wonderful meal! If I could figure out how to post pictures to this site I would because words cannot describe how visually stunning the meal was. And it tasted better than it looked! For the two of us to have a meal of similar quality back in Canada, we would easily spend 3 times the $90 Cdn this meal cost.
We head out tomorrow, but are booked into the V&A on the 29th before our flight home. Here's hoping for another upgrade

Good day

Thank you for your wonderful review on your recent stay with us. I'm very glad to hear that you had such an amazing time and I will certainly pass the complimentary remarks on to Bobby and the staff at Queen Victoria Hotel and Dash Restaurant.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just back from a 5 night stay at the Queen Victoria and I really enjoyed my stay.
My room was in the ground floor, big, quiet, but not great view, but we still enjoyed the serenity of the hotel.
I actually requested for a room in higher level, the front desk said they will look into it, but never came back to me, having said this, the room was still very comfortable.
The hotel is small and the decor is modern and fresh, I liked it. Also the breakfast was very nice and the guys working at the restaurant were extremely nice. I thought it was great having breakfast served until 11 and there is champagne for those who want a champagne breakfast/brunch!
I agree with some of the comments about the Front Desk not being very friendly but not a major complain though.
All in all, I definitely recommend this hotel as it is centrally located, with big rooms and comfortable beds.

Good day

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review in respect of your recent stay at the Queen Victoria Hotel. This allows me the opportunity to monitor our service levels to guests. Thanks for the compliments as well as pointing out the areas for improvements.