“Pleasant Peninsula Tour”

$64.28*
and up
Full Day Cape Point and Peninsula Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Specialize in multi-day cycling, mountain biking and hiking tours for groups. Daytrippers is an alternative, active tour company since 1992 also offering scheduled day trips, with legendary picnics, leaving from Cape Town every day. We do cycling and hiking on our Cape Peninsula tour. Cycle through the Winelands, Cape Town city cycling tours, mountain biking trips, whale watching tours and Township tours.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The Cape Point hiking and biking tour with Daytrippers was fun and enjoyable. 1st stop: Hout Bay for an optional cruise to Dulker Island to see Cape Fur Seals, 70 rand. 2nd stop: Penguins at Boulder's Beach in Simon's town. 3rd stop: bicycle ride through Cape Point Nature Reserve. Then, lunch consisting of salad, sandwiches, pasta, and cookies. 4th stop: Cape Point Lighthouse stroll. The tour was 600 Rand including guide, transport, bicycles, entrance fees. We saw ostriches, seals, baboons, penguins, and wildflowers. Cycling and hiking was easy.

It was a good way to enjoy the peninsula. Bring water because no beverages are provided. Also many other companies do the same exact trip for cheaper (which I found out only after seeing the same tour buses with bicycles on our route). For example, Baz Bus does this trip for 540 Rand and is higher rated on Tripadvisor. Their lunch looked better, and they provide drinks.

Overall, I would recommend cycling Cape Point but would look into the competition before booking with Daytrippers.

3  Thank krawner

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a wonderful, fun day touring the Cape with Daytrippers. It was a full day experience, starting with a pick up at our hotel in Cape Town. Cape fur seals, African penguins, bike riding, lunch, more bike riding, hiking to the Light House, hiking over to the southwestern most point of South Africa, and ending with a wonderful drive back into Cape Town. Our guide did an amazing job of keeping us entertained, imparting lots and lots of local history, notwithstanding we had a trailer hitch issue and were delayed for a short time. Highly recommend this adventure as a great way to tour the Cape, get some exercise, and have fun.

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

We took the Cape Point and Peninsula Tour with Kevin and had a fabulous time. It was a great combination of van tour, sightseeing, and biking through the park and along the coast. The boat to see the seals was a great value and not unsafe as some reviews elsewhere have indicated. Our guide was both knowledgeable and personable.

One warning: be very vigilant about baboons. One of the five people on our tour set her bag down after lunch and before she knew it a baboon had taken it deep into the bush.

Recommended for the young and fit as the biking and hiking offer the best views!

2  Thank whadam00
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I had a great tour with Rick, Pedro and Steven. Steven was a veteran guide who was very knowledgeable and was along to take photos for the company, Rick had lots of info too with a different spin; Pedro was a young man involved in getting a city bike tour started for the company ( sounds like fun!). We saw BoKaap, a large flower market, the Company's gardens, V&A wharf. We even saw the parade for GayPride day--a great tour not too be missed and a bit of exercise
too.
Jane&Jim
Pgh, U.S.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

After seeing the excellent reviews on TripAdvisor I booked the full-day tour to the Cape of Good Hope for my wife and I. Before booking I was unsure about the bike ride but had confirmation from Daytrippers that it was optional. The price was very competitive and it promised to be a more enjoyable trip than the conventional bus tour.
The tour driver / guide was Sele and he did an excellent job - very friendly, likeable, reliable, helpful and informative.
We were picked up at the hotel in Cape Town Central on time in the ~12 seat mini-bus with the bikes in a towed trailer.
First stop was at Hout Bay for the optional 45 minute boat trip (R50) to Seal Island. Very enjoyable and many good photos were taken.
Next stop was Boulders Beach to see the Penguins. Again very enjoyable and yet more good photos.
The third stop was in the Cape of Good Hope National Park where the bikes were unloaded. The bike journey was 7km mainly downhill or flat with a short stretch up a gentle incline. Not having ridden a bike for over 40 years since I was 20, to my surprise I found the ride exceedingly easy and thoroughly enjoyable. It really did seem more like 2km.
(Sele said that he would follow after about 2 km and pick up anybody that did not want to continue with the ride - not needed by anybody on our trip.)
Sele duly went ahead to lay out the included open air pic-nic lunch by the Visitor Centre - an ample buffet salad, rolls, crisps, an excellent curried pasta, fruit etc.
After lunch we continued to Cape Point to climb to the lighthouse and then went by the bus to the beach. Yet more very good photos.
The day went exceedingly quickly as the scenery is first class, Sele was an excellent guide and the fellow travellers good company.
Would I recommend the tour company to friends? Definitely.
Could it have been better? Yes - by spending even more time at the stops. I would have loved to have spent 4-5 hours at Cape Point and 1 hour at Boulders Beach. This would probably have meant hiring a car which I was not prepared to do on my first trip to South Africa. Next time I would hire a car so I can explore the area in more detail and probably stay overnight.

1  Thank StuartFromKirkham