“Plants, picnics and problem walkers”

Walk in Africa - Hikes and Tours around Cape Town
Papamoa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Plants, picnics and problem walkers”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We can't thank Steve and Annele enough for coping with all adversities on the day- two wrecks and two walkers not used to Cape Town heat all not only survived but had a great time! Botany lessons, pink lemonade and Cape Malay treats for lunch added a fine touch to the magical views. You really pulled it off, Steve- thank you!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Din14

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A truly special day at Cape of Good Hope”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Our family of 4 had a memorable 7-hour hike around the Cape of Good Hope with Steve Bolnick of Walk in Africa.

The scenery there is spectacular and Steve is a rare find – an expert on local plants, birds, animals and history who is also an extremely capable hiking guide and GREAT company.

Highly recommend!!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank JoshLiv715
“Steve was brilliant”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Thanks for your wonderful walk up Table Mountain, loved meeting Meru. I enjoyed learning all about the history of the mountain and the various ecological developments. I would love to do your 5 day walk to Cape Point. I couldn't recommend Steve enough for anyone needing a guide in Cape Town.
Thanks Steve!
Becca

1 Thank becca_naylor
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Walk in Africa: Steve Bolnick”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Steve was booked by our agent and was a fantastic success for a brilliant walk up Table Mountain - very knowledgeable, interested, informative and his dog, Meru, made the day. Would recommend him to anyone as a great way to learn about The Cape, flora, fauna, geological formations, history and a wide selection of anecdotes. Steve pitched it just right for us plus 3 early 20s and was great company for a fun and entertaining morning. Would love to do one of his 5 day Cape tours. Jack and Katie

1 Thank Jack N
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Steve... the king of Cape Town! :)”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I was already so excited to visit Cape Town that I hadn't given much thought to what we'd see, how, or with whom. Imagine my surprise when Steve came along and blew my expectations completely out of the ballpark. He was not only incredibly knowledgeable about every single thing we saw and visited (this included historical events, wildlife behaviours, hotspot recommendations, and more, all peppered with hilarious and insightful anecdotes!) but he was kind, accommodating, enthusiastic and just generally a pleasure to spend our holiday with. I plan to keep in touch, and look forward to a next trip to Africa alongside him. I highly recommend anyone to embark on their discovery of such a fantastic city in Steve's uber-capable hands. As they say out there... "dankie Steve!!!!!"

1 Thank Laura G
sboln, Owner at Walk in Africa - Hikes and Tours around Cape Town, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words Laura G. It was an absolute pleasure to meet you and your family. It is wonderful that Cape Town exceeded your expectations - I am so fortunate to live in such a beautiful city. I really do hope that we meet again in Africa.