“TOO SWEET, NOT SPICY ENOUGH”
Review of Tom Yum - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tom Yum
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Wonderful Little Hole In The Wall. Food Was Excellent And Very Reasonable Price Wise
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Very nice waiter and pleasant atmosphere, but I'm afraid that the restaurant did not bring back memories of Thailand. Thai curries should have that exquisite balance of sweet, salty, sour and spicy. My duck curry was very sweet and lacked bite and sourness. I put more chili om top but it simply isn't the same as all the ingredients cooking together to develop one whole dish. It didn't have enough lime juice either. My partner's massman curry was almost sickly sweet - it is a sweet curry and gets pineapple juice - but it was way over the top. I might go back but will this time order the chef to fire it up and use less palm sugar. Thai restaurants should stick with their authentic roots.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I am addicted to their egg fried rice! Being a fan of Chinese egg flied lice in general, Tom Yum just does it for me, I have become a bit of a regular there and always enjoy trying some of their different dishes. I do enjoy the Won Ton soup.

Tom Yum is a small restaurant of exceptional quality, with a good team, and a high level of service. Being in industry myself, it is always worth it to pop into Tom Yum for a quick bite, good coffee, and a good chat. I am very grateful to have them right across the road, and on that note I might go grab some rice.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is an all time favorite for asian food at it's best.Very friendly personal service, intimate atmosphere and never any disappointments.
We happily recommend our guests to go here as well they all loved it.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Reasonable price, big portion and everything we ordered was just yummy. Never had a bad experience in Tom Yum and the waiter was so eager to help. If I need to pick one bad thing is the parking spots are not always available on the street. But it won't stop me from coming back for more!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I have been eating at this place for years. It doesn't look much from the outside but it is definitely worth stepping over the threshold! It did hit a bit of a low about 2 years ago and we stopped going for a while as we started going to another place nearby. We are now pleased to report that it is back on form. Service is relaxed yet efficient. The food is so tasty, particularly the singapore noodles, teriyaki calamari, Beef in black bean, angry chicken and any of the soups. And when our eyes are too big for out stomachs It all even tastes good the next day warmed up!!