“Loved the Gospel singing!”

Camissa - Day Tours
Ranked #80 of 325 Tours in Cape Town Central
More attraction details
Owner description: When we started the Business six years ago our focus and specialist expertise was in the townships where two of Camissa owners once resided. Having gained extensive freelance guiding experience for various tour operator service providers in Cape town we so a gap in the market for a tour operator that will offer a service that is different and unique putting more emphasis on traditions customs values and impact of urbanization on all the above rather than focusing on the political history which lead to the development of township communities our business is simple and focused. We conduct Day Tours in Cape Town and its surroundings and facilitate township marketing experiences.The Camissa Team looks forward to hosting you on one of our tours we invite you to do the right thing and get the full picture.
Denver, Colorado
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Loved the Gospel singing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

Went went on the half-day Gospel Tour with Camissa Travel and loved it. They pick you up from your hotel which is very convenient. Then you head to District Six. Samantha (our guide) was incredibly knowledge able and gave a great history of the area. On a nice day, I would suggest letting people out of the car to listen, instead of sitting inside. The highlight was by far the singing at the church, I wish we could have stayed longer there. After the church we walked around a bit which was nice. Overall is was a great time and a great way to get insight into life in the township.

Thank you Samantha!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank meg043

London
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Interesting insight into life in townships”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

I went on a township tour with Camissa. These tours are not cheap although it does provide a fascinating insight into life in a township. We spent a long time in Langa although it would have been nice to have spent more time taking photos there and also seeing another township (we passed through one other township). The highlight was being in a gospel service on a Sunday. The place was alive - amazing rhythm and a truly memorable experience.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank TravellerDWM
Long Island NY
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“An eye-opening experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

Khonaye and our guide in the towship were wonderful. We communicated via email prior to my arriving in Cape Town and they were very responsive and answered all my questions. Khonaye picked us up at our hotel on time and provided some background on our way to Laynga. Once there we were introduced to a local guide for the walking tour. This is a must see for anyone visiting Cape Town.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank travelingNYfamily
Berlin, Germany
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

The tour with Samantha was really great! There were no other guests this day, so we had the luck to have a tour for us alone!

Samantha is the founder of Camissa so it was a very special oportunity to meet her and do the tour with her. She used to live in a township as well, so this is an authentic experince and not one of these "tourisitic" ones in big overcrowded busses.

During our trip we had many interesting discussions and learned a lot about the history and the situation of the people today.

I highly recommend this tour to anyone who really wants to get close to the people living in townships and to get an insight view of what is going on.

Thanks a lot!
Andy

Visited July 2011
florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Cape Town Township tours with Camissa Travel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

I was recently in Cape Town and was very interested in visiting a "township"... I wanted to make sure it was safe and professional especially since I had my three children with me. With some research I found Camissa Travel (www.gocamissa.co.za) and was more than thrilled with the tour. Our tour guide was not only excellent at explaining the history & reasons for these townships but he had also lived in the Langa township for a few years. So it was first-hand experience, which is exactly what I was looking for. I highly recommend Camissa Travel and thank you for an incredible experience.

2 Thank familymomtravel