“Atmosphere, excellence and service...what more could one want?”
Review of Keenwa - CLOSED

Keenwa
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bar, restaurant and events venue in the heart of Cape Town serving tasty, hearty Peruvian food. Great food (at reasonable prices) served in an unpretentiously cool environment. PS Bar has a late licence and a great sound system
Reviewed June 16, 2013

To start off, I must admit that I have become a regular at this restaurant. Although I live in Johannesburg, I have an apartment in Cape Town and often visit that city, which is one of the most beautiful in the world. Keenwa's owner (German) is a personal friend of mine, but I was ready to think that I would have to be polite the first time I visited this place.
The food is excellent, the service stunning, and the PISCO bar upstairs a thing to behold on a busy night...:) I do believe that those who have not experienced Peruvian food need to do so, and this is the place to go.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The food the atmosphere is always one of peace and an unhurried experiance.
I have been many times and tried most of the authentic dishes, the price is reasonable, the portions fair and the local Peru spirits wild. Maxleigh

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Beautiful ambiance with nice low lighting, something hard to find in CT. Food is generally good, but can approve. Service with a smile but a little amateur. When we went to the bar upstairs it was still empty, but looks like an excellent venue with a real good vibe and music. Great for a private party.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We enjoyed a winetasting with extra ordinary plates from Peru. A colourful interieur, very Nice staff (from Colombo). A 5 course menu for ZAR 275 including wine pairing. Thanks Germain!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I am from Peru. I was so excited to take my husband, but unfortunately we had the worst experience. I ordered the aji de gallina and I had so much fat and chicken skin in my plate that I couldn't finish it . My husband had the ceviche and it was watery not lemony. He has been in Peru with me as well and he said that South Africa restaurant is is creating a bad name for Peruvian food, he could not describe the fish it was vile and fishy smelling which is not the way fresh ceviche should be, he then decided to order the lomo saltado as how much could they screw that up? Well they did, it should be sautéed beef Strips with tomatoes,onions and French fries, well this plate came with a lump of steak, tomatoes, onions an baked potatoes??? What was that? In short, avoid at all costs,this restaurant does no good for Peruvian food, and I noticed the restaurant had all Colombian waiters in a Peruvian restaurant? in South Africa, something is not right here, if the chef is peruvian then he should be ashamed to serve food like this. avoid this place it's not Peruvian food at all!!