“Amazing tour, unforgettable day”

Bike & Saddle Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$250.00*
and up
Safari Bike Tour from Cape Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bike & Saddle is Africa’s leading eco-active travel company that runs tailor-made, fully supported & one-of-a-kind, cycle, walking & hiking and kayaking trips across Southern Africa, Africa and the Indian Ocean. From a 2-hour heritage & culture evening cycle of Africa's cities, to an incomparable Cycle Safari Holiday through the region’s premier nature & game reserves, we provide exclusive, luxury, hand-crafted active-holidays that blend the best in hospitality with iconic bio diversity, scenic splendors, rich culture and invigorating activity.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 12, 2012

My friend and I have had the last minute idea to do a wine tour on december 31st and requested the bike tour less than 24hrs before. Although we knew that this inquiry was very last minute "bike&saddle" immediately set up the perfect excursion for us. The whole trip was perfectly organized and both guides (Ordine and Paul) were an awesome company and gave us detailled information on background and history about the winelands and sights. Thank you "bike&saddle" and Ordine and Paul for a perfect last day of 2011. this was the best way to happily close the past year.

All reviews
"wine tasting"
in 10 reviews
"these guys"
in 7 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
"visited wineries"
in 3 reviews
"amazing tour"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed January 11, 2012

It was lovely ride, we are very pleased and happy that we did it.
I can rate it 5 of 5, everything went smooth.
For inexperienced cyclers, there was just enough thrill :)
Bikes are superb, reliable and easy to drive. We had to stop and change two tyres on the way, it was a breeze.
Having front and rear guides is a very good strategy.
Guides were very careful and accommodating, I wish to thank them once again for their patience and understanding.
Snacks at The Bay hotel were appropriate icing on the cake.
Only thing is, I would like us to have started at 8, 8.30, as to avoid traffic peak on the way back.
Although, if our cycling skills were a bit better, this probably would not matter.
I am sure that we’ll do this again next time.

1  Thank Goran J
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I booked two tours with bike & saddle, one in conjunction with kaskazi kayaks. Both experiences were great. One tour took us to the winelands were we biked to four different wineries. There was less biking and more tasting than i had expected, but overall i had a great time. The area was beautiful and the picnic delicious.

My favorite tour was on the second day when i started out with a two hour sea kayaking experience. Tracy from kaskazi was wonderful and you could tell that she loved her sport, the sea and knew what she was doing. We saw seals and dolphins and the view of cape town from the sea was breath taking. After the kayak experience we biked around the peninsula and ended up at a beautiful beach. Thank you for great and relaxing experience.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

In all honesty at first I had some doubts, I mean the last time I was on a bicycle I had cute ponytails and worried about homework, but being Capetonians and having done all other types of tourist activities in and around the city, we thought why not give this a try. So we contacted Bike & Saddle voiced our concerns and asked a bunch of questions, we were reassured of the safety the ease and the enjoyment factors involved in the trip. So we booked. Since, I've just been planning and scheming to see when I can go on another longer trip... The whole experience was very well organised, the trip is truly scenic, taking you along routes you do not get to see on your daily commute or even when exploring, the guides were friendly and informative and the stop at the end with canapés and bubbly just rounded off the perfect outing. Thanks B&S!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Gustav & his team did so much to make my adventure in Cape Town an awesome one. I dfd the sunset city tour, Signal Hill to Cape Point & a full day wine excursion. They personalized the tours to meet my needs & I highly recommend guiding with Hishaam. He made sure I was well taken care of the entire time. Was extremely knowledgeable, passionate about the city & his job that it made me feel at home & have tins of fun! Love Cape Town! Honestly one of the most beautiful cities in the world & TY to the Bike & Saddle team/Hishaam for all!

1  Thank vthokies24