“Customer service”

Kings in Cape Hotel
Ranked #146 of 156 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had tge worst experience of all my travels. Requested plain yoghurt for breakfast on 1st day. That was not made available. I raised the matter with F&B manager but no change. On my last day I requested a packed breakfast because I was departing early, that was also not delivered. I felt like I was being done a favour by staying with them.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sivu2410

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Coming to breakfast was such a disappointment. You not only wait long for tour hot meal, buy it is also cold on arrival. Orders for the hot meal was totally mixed up
Maybe the waitress did not understand us completely. The place is not that clean. The positive is that the my city bus stops in front of the hotel for sight seeing. I would not advise families to come here as it seems like ladies of the night is "treated" here for their breakfast. My assumption of what I have seen.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed 25-28th of June in the Kings in Cape Hotel. Very nice decorated (small) and very clean rooms in downtown Cape Town. Very good. Being located between Long Street and Greenmarket Square it was even surprisingly quiet to sleep there with open window at the streetside. The heating (airco) was also excellent...
However an hour after checking out, the receptionist called me to inform me that I forgot a shirt in my rooms.
During perhaps about 1000 stays in hotels in Europe, North and Central AMerica, Asia and Africa, this never happened (of yes I lost a lot of things- but NEVER I got a call I forgot something.). An hour later I had my shirt back and a big smile on my face... Well done!
I certainly will go back

Room Tip: Even the streetside room was quiet
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rik R
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Knowing that we would be giving up our rented car upon arrival in Capetown, we looked for a centrally-located hotel and found Kings in Cape Hotel, where we stayed for eight nights. It was indeed located within walking distance of most of the action - shopping, large city square where the daily outdoor market took place, sidewalk cafes, etc. The City Tour bus even rolled past the hotel door. The waterfront was also within walking distance, as was a theatre.

We had a large quiet family room with loveseat, chair, free WIFI, air conditioning and an updated bathroom. Breakfast, which was included in the reasonable room price, was ordered from the menu. The restaurant/bar area was called Ethopian Dishes. One evening we shared an authentic Ethopian meal, which was delicious and plentiful.

The staff and management were friendly, watchful and accommodating.

As we did not have a SA cell phone, it would have been convenient to have a telephone in the room; however, it was compensated for by being able to use the reception telephone.

There were renovations ongoing, partially in the hotel, as well as further shops being constructed at the lower hotel level; however, that did not obstruct our stay.

Room Tip: Good value and good people.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EastKootenays
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in here for a few drinks after the bars had closed. We aren't interested in the nightclubs so we nipped in on the way back to our hotel.

It's just off Long Street and it's open until 2am.

Good range of drinks at reasonable prices but at 1am we were the only customers in.

Very clean and comfy couches to sit on.

An ok place for a quiet, late night drink.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed October 18, 2012

What's great about this hotel is the customer service. The staff is really helpful in sorting out any concerns you may have or any difficulties and I have to say special thanks to Marisa the GM at the hotel who is extremely helpful and cooperative.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mazmohad
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Really nice little hotel and great value for money, we paid 375 Rand about 30 pounds. This included breakfast and a bottle of wine. Amazing value for money, not sure how they profit. Room was small but clean and comfortable. Nice shower and Bathroom. Really comfortable bed. Hotel has great bar area and gambling section. Live Music Saturday night was fantastic. So impressed with this little place and a perfect location next to greenmarket square. Only improvement could be the reception staff. The two girls there are a little stuffy and could do with smiling a little more. They seemed shy and slightly pretentious. But would not have spoiled our one night stay here. Would go back for sure. Not 5 star luxury that I normally booked but was highly impressed. Well done.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends