“Amazing Tasting Menu”

La Mouette Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 1,207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Mouette Restaurant opened in 2010 by Chef and co-owner Henry Vigar, his wife, Mari and their business partner Gerrit Bruwer. La Mouette offers seasonally inspired and modern food. With ever-changing and seasonally inspired menus, friendly staff and a beautiful and unique venue, La Mouette has become a firm favorite with locals and regulars as well as established itself as a return go-to for our international guests. We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Every time I am in Cape Town I pop down to La Mouette to try their new tasting menu (changes every season) and I am never disappointed. Best value Tasting Menu in SA!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,555)

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Wanted to take our daughter and friends from University of Cape Town for a special evening out to a nice place but not stuffy. La Mouette checked all the boxes-food, service and ambience were top notch. Food was superb and catered to the carnivores and vegans and equally well. Service was professional and personal. The place itself was classy without being pretentious at all. Finally they have a very very cool bar upstairs that has a Morrocan vibe...big cushions and great drinks. Highly recommend La Mouette.

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

La Mouette offers a friendly and cosy atmosphere with great food. The April tasting menu is lovely and enabled us to discover new flavors. A very nice experienced served by a very friendly crew. A must do in Cape Town for food lovers and romantics

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Hands down the best meal I've ever had at a restaurant. Every dish was exceptional and I found myself wanting to lick my plate on two occasions (I wasn't alone!). The food wasn't overly rich as I have experienced before in French restaurants. Each dish was like an artwork that had been crafted with such care and attention by the chef. The service was impeccable. The outdoor seating area was beautiful with the fountain and the lighting. My only criticism as a lager drinker is that the beers could have been better. I will be back!

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

The food as very delicious and the service was excellent. If you want to have a great time with your other half, enjoy a nice conversation and drink excellent wine that's the perfect place to do do.