“My Favorite restaurant, period.”

La Mouette Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 1,185 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Mouette Restaurant opened in 2010 by Chef and co-owner Henry Vigar, his wife, Mari and their business partner Gerrit Bruwer. La Mouette offers seasonally inspired and modern food. With ever-changing and seasonally inspired menus, friendly staff and a beautiful and unique venue, La Mouette has become a firm favorite with locals and regulars as well as established itself as a return go-to for our international guests. We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Located on the main street, near beach road, in the Sea Point district, this establishement is a must do...Had I found it before, we would´ve gone every evening.

Warm welcome (french security guard at the gates) quick sever, great explanations of menu options...we took the 7 course, boy oh boy did we like every little detail in the plates! (When they put truffle oil, its only drops..for flavour) everything is calculated, portions could seem small to some, but if you take the 7 course (with wine pairings) you'll get more then enough...)

La Mouette is not about quantity, but quality....Best ingredients, well cooked, wow presentation...

And the owners and staff ; we were fortunate enough to meet them, and talk to them about wine parings (wich were just perfect, seriously)

For the price you pay, this is definetly the adress to go. The set-up could look a bit formal, but staffers male you feel comfortableand you don't have that feel where they'd like to oversell...

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

A pretty restaurant with ambiance.
We had the six course tasting meal without the wine pairing. For each course, there were about two options each.
The lamb was highly recommended by my friends, they loved it!
There were a few things that I usually wouldn't eat but I tried them and they tasted really good!
The warm doughnuts in chocolate sauce was my favourite! I'm keen to go back and havr it again!

Each course came in small portions but they're perfect because it fills you up slowly while giving you the opportunity to try 6 different plates of food.

I think they bring out a new tasting menu every month, definitely worth it!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Great dinner in an old Manor House holding it's own between high risers. The service was good and the food excellent. I had the Meze Platter to start with: small but tasty variety of treats. The Springbok loin was fabulous. Interesting wine list. Be sure to book in advance: they will be packed during the holiday season!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had a great experience. The menu is appealing, everything passed us to other tables beautifully presented. I had a gazpacho and tuna tatare starter which was delicious and a Springbok main also really good. Dessert menu looked worth a try for next time.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We visited in a party of eight booked for 8.30 by Protea President, we were there when reception did it. When we arrived we were told it was booked for nine, fine. We were given the private dining room and we asked if we could have the tasting menu, with one exception, one of the ladies did not do fish, she was brusquely informed she could have the vegetarian tasting menu, the option being take it or leave it. Food pretty good in a tasty, unsatisfying way I wish we had gone with the a-la-carte. Staff and service charming and price reasonable considering the effort taken and wine included.