“Great place”

La Mouette Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 1,182 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Mouette Restaurant opened in 2010 by Chef and co-owner Henry Vigar, his wife, Mari and their business partner Gerrit Bruwer. La Mouette offers seasonally inspired and modern food. With ever-changing and seasonally inspired menus, friendly staff and a beautiful and unique venue, La Mouette has become a firm favorite with locals and regulars as well as established itself as a return go-to for our international guests. We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I started eating here in August 2012 and have been back 5 times since

Maybe its as we move from winter and into season but it has dropped a little in my view

Each time I go I try the constantly changing tasting menu , and I have noticed the price has climbed but the portion size decreased .... maybe as we move out of season the reverse will happen

The food is great , the menus are on the whole well thought out, the service is pleasant and friendly, timing between courses is great, my only slight niggle is the inverse way the price rose and portions fell (I am using the portion size of the first couple of visits as the baseline, not some arbitrary size I blieve they should be). In the first few visits I left the restaurant feeling just right, not stuffed but not hungry. The last couple of visits I have gone home and started making sandwiches because I am still pretty hungry

1  Thank andy h

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We didn't go for the tasting menu for we found the a la carte menu more attractive, works out to be the same price if you order a 3 course meal but at least you get what you really desire :-) We did see some tables ordering the tasting menu and some looked interesting though all in small portions.

Must try the crayfish ravioli, so devine! The duck spring rolls were tasty. I had the sirlon as main and it was cooked to perfection and the sides were well matched! My partner had the trout which was fresh but wasnt anything out of the ordinary. For desert we shared a lemon meringue which was a little disappointing, just didn't deliver like the entree and main...overall it was an enjoyable evening with lovely ambiance!

1  Thank ComfyGourmetSeeker
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Enjoyed a fantastic meal ... Weather played along and we had a great table outside. Restaurant also provided blankets just in case the chill from the sea was uncomfortable.

Waiter was friendly and helpful.

Try the duck starter.... Yum....

If you have the time try the set menu paired with South Africa's finest wines.

Enjoy !!!

1  Thank Manz000
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We had dinner at this restaurant for my husband's birthday last week. It surely must be one of the top restaurants in South Africa. The food was out of this world, and we could not fault it in any way! Cannot wait to go back there!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

it's a nice surprise what the kitchen delivers on the plates. the six course dinner menue we had was delicious, very well presented and definitely worth the price. i would rate it as 14 points gault millau. the service though was a bit an up and down. it depends... from pretty good to lots of room for improvement... but for sure, we will go again.

1  Thank pedrowei