“A world of flavours”

Ranked #78 of 1,184 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Steeped in over 300 years of history, the former guard house, tea room, hotel and the hunting lodge of Lord Charles Somerset has been elegantly restored with the charm and sophistication of the Grand Old Cape. The style of cuisine at The Roundhouse is uncomplicated, contemporary French, inspired by seasonal ingredients and paired with one of the finest boutique wine collections in South Africa.
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We enjoyed a tasting menu with wine pairing. An excellent choice food prepared was as appealing to the eye as it was to my taste buds, Matt assisted us with the wines and some anecdotes. I would highly recommend this restaurant,.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had been recommended to visit the Round House at Camp Bay in Cape Town. It is a nice place overlooking the ocean with excellent service and refined cuisine. We took the menu and in was a very good suggestion. Wines were excellent and price to quality perfect. I certainly recommend The Roundhouse if visiting Cape Town.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We managed to book a table with some friends and it was really worthwhile. We had a private room. Nice but only one regret we missed the superb views to the see.

The whole evening was a success. We were welcome and received with a VIP treatment the whole evening. We were very well advised.

We enjoyed our evening with excellent "polite" portions (as they told us) from the 4 course menu, to be understood as very correct portions. I had a beef tongue which was a really delicacy! Extremely tender and tasty butter in my mouth. My main course was pork, which whom I delighted myself. All vegetable served were “al dente.” The choice and quality of wines was a joy.

Cheese lover (and therefore very picky), I dare to order local farmhouse cheeses. The end of the evening was a revelation. What a surprise to discover South African cheese with character and personality.

To sum up, worthwhile!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

They can cook....and serve, and a place worth the visit. We sat inside, the atmosphere was pleasant, next time we'll try the outside seating

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Excellent in every respect. The menu offerings were unique, perfectly prepared, and the service was truly outstanding. All done with exceptional professionalism, yet never stuffy. Example - when the waiter was preparing my desert at the table, he smiled and commented "do not attempt this at home" - great humor to go along with a great meal. The sommelier is very knowledgeable of South African wines, introducing us to some we didn't know, that were excellent.