“food, view and charm”

Ranked #92 of 1,207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Steeped in over 300 years of history, the former guard house, tea room, hotel and the hunting lodge of Lord Charles Somerset has been elegantly restored with the charm and sophistication of the Grand Old Cape. The style of cuisine at The Roundhouse is uncomplicated, contemporary French, inspired by seasonal ingredients and paired with one of the finest boutique wine collections in South Africa.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

the food in combination with the view and the service is just such a great experience what i can only recommend for a special occasion - or even for a late breakfast or easy lunch outside in the park - go and see yourself - very nice and the great quality.

1  Thank Fredatwork

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

What an experience! We arrived about 30 Minutes before sunset and had sundowners watching the sun set across the 12 apostles and Camps Bay. For dinner, the restaurant only offers set course meals, with optional wine pairing. We opted for 4 courses with wine, and the show began. While the food and wine were superb, what we all remember the most was the immaculate stellar service. It was unobtrusive yet thorough. Food and wine were all brought in tandem, with excellent descriptions for each course. We all agreed it was perhaps the best service we've ever received at a restaurant (yeowza - that's saying a lot!!!). It is very expensive by SA standards, but well worth it! A special occasion restaurant.

1  Thank Wrldtvlr27
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have been to Cape Town both in January of 2012 and this past Januay 2013 and have had dinner on both visits at the Roundhouse. I find the service far exceeds what I have experienced at other venues in the region. The food was amazing and the atmoshere exceptional. We had fantastic staff help with the menue and our wine selection. I can not comment on lunch or any of the the outside dining experience as I have only sat inside which I enjoy greatly. I do make my reservations at any restaurants in the Cape Town area months in advance and have always been vey well take care of.I highly reccommend this restaurant for an all around dining experience. We usually have a reservation for 730pm ,just in tie for sunset.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

If you have luck you manage to get a booking for a saturday or sunday for this restaurant, they have so many weddings and functions that its more luck than wisdom to get a booking. The views are more than great, i would say an absolute must to have seen, breakfast & lunch quality simply good, a very friendly service, I would not consider dinner, highly priced and quality is not very constant.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Although we sat inside, the food was very nice and the service was impeccable. Often in high end restaurants the staff can be a little snooty but not here, they were very helpful.
The deer and passionfruit souffle were amazing!