“Prawns with a View”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Located overlooking the beach with a view towards Table Mountain this restaurant is well positioned to impress foreign visitors to this city. They specialized in prawns but also have other seafood dishes even meat dishes and combos. As main dish we choose the mega prawns for two which consisted of about 30 prawns of varous sizes. Unfortunately we had to wait for more than 40 minutes. The quality and taste were good but the rice and the plates were no longer hot. For dessert we had the "Choc Volcano" a sumptious chocolate and ice cream combination. Service was generally slow and would need some polishing.

3  Thank Marlin1

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Took my mom and daughter to Jimmy's in Table View - it was awesome - the view, the service and best of all the food. Yummy

Reviewed January 6, 2013

they have amazing prawns. On monday as much as you can eat is really great! The service is really good and view during dinner is beautiful.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Well, I do not normally eat at Seafood Restaurants but there was a Wiki Deal voucher for a buffet for 2 saving me a cost of the regular priced R165 for one. So I thought R165 for two at a buffet was pretty reasonable. Mom and I were there at 6pm for when the buffet opened, firstly the pictures on the voucher were nothing what the food looked like. The food was not hot at all and a little bit warm, some dishes were even cold, from the dishes we tasted of the buffet the lamb ribs were very fatty but had a nice flavour, the prawns were of excellent standard, the steak strips were very very tough and not enjoyable, the chicken was ok BUT how wrong can you go with chicken, the crumbed calamari was also a satisfactory standard. The chips and rice were cold, the salad was ok but a top up of feta would be recommended as everyone seems to steal that. The grilled hake was also nice. The desserts were all ok, standard buffet easy desserts, trifle, peppermint crisp tart, tiramisu and some sort of light mousse's. The waiters were all over the place and we had a variety of them take away our dirty plates so the service was satisfactory. I found it to be reasonable price with the voucher saving me 50% BUT I don't think I will go there again to pay the full price of R165 per person.

2  Thank chefsam77
Reviewed December 3, 2012

it is a nice place to be, when you can really sit outside!
specials on several days - with a good value for money -

but it misses something to be very good - it is more average - but not in a negative sense!