Southern Sun The Cullinan(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$254
$225
  • Pool
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$132
$83
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$186
$157
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $176/night.

The Cape Royale(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$129
$122
  • Pool
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$190
$145
The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$288
$235
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $272/night.

Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$101
$92
  • Pool
Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$208
$186
Agoda.com
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$255
$216
Priceline
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
$550
$488
Agoda.com
All reviewsdouble roombackpackers hostelcommunal kitchenshared bathroomgreat place to staywill stay there againlounge areachecking inlocation was perfecta lovely stayhome away from homeeasy accessthree nightsstay in cape townwater frontgreenpointdorm
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I have been staying at Ashanti Loge Greenpoint for the last 3 weeks and had such a ball! Thanks to all the staff at the Greenpoint Lodge, they are all great people (especially Aimee) and made me feel at home! I will deffinitely come back for my next visit to Cape Town. The whole backpackers is kept very clean by the well run staff. The kitchen is a good place to meet new people and the free pancakes are not bad either.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights at the end of a 6 week trip in South Africa. The hostel is very clean and I felt very safe as there is a code to get into the hostel and an additional code to get in to your room. The area was quiet and I therefore got taxis at night as I was alone, however this was more to be safe than sorry rather than any real fear. It is 5/10 min walk from the World Cup stadium and 15/20 mins walk to the V&A Waterfront so perfect for going out for dinner.

The room was very clean and a safe was provided for your valuables. The staff were all very helpful and I had no issues with any aspect of my stay.

All in all it was a great way to end my trip with lovely surroundings and great staff. Would definately reccommend staying here for cheap accomodation in Cape Town.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank xtelx
LisaMas0n, Owner at Ashanti Lodge Green Point, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2011

Hi there!
Thank you very much for your review and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back to Cape Town and Ashanti Lodge again one day :-)
Regards
Lisa

Reviewed August 11, 2011

It is a renovated house with upstairs and downstairs. The rooms were roomy, the beds comfortable and it was clean. The location is a bit far out from the city centre therefore without a car not very convenient. I think the lodge could spend a few dollars to improve a few things. Buy some pegs for the clothes to hang outside and buy a couple of decent fry pans for the pancake mixture which is good and provided daily. There are no washing machines. A message I had received from a colleague was not given to me till the next day - too late - although I was a few minutes from reception all evening. There was a sign upstairs saying one of the two shower rooms was out of order and a week later when I came back it was still out of order, same with a stove hotplate. I was attracted by the airport pickup but it was not available when I arrived anyway, which was a Sunday. It was fine at the time I went, but if it had been in the busy season I think the kitchen and bathrooms upstairs would have been rather crowded.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank alwaysunderway
LisaMas0n, Owner at Ashanti Lodge Green Point, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

In response to your review, I must firstly apologise for the delay in the repair of one of the stove's hotplates. We have a part on order from Defy - and in fact are still waiting for it. Luckily, all the other plates on the stove are working :-) We have been aware that we needed new frying pans and these in fact were bought last week. The free pancakes that we offer for breakfast every day sure do take a beating out of the pans but I will make sure we replace them more regularly from now on. We don't have washing machines on the premises due to space constraints but the very professional laundry service is actually quite good value for money. Our location is just 1 kilometre from Sea Point - a strip with hundreds of shops and restaurants, 2 km from the beach and the waterfront and a mere 4km from town. The buses come right past the bottom of our road and are very convenient for accessing the whole of Cape Town and our reception desk provides free maps with all this info. Unfortunately, due to the current economic climate we no longer employ our own driver for airport collections but do offer to arrange an airport pickup for all our guests - a variety of options with this exist.
To cap it all - I am sorry that you did not find our service to your satisfaction when we do try so hard, but we do also realise that we can't please all the people all the time.

Reviewed July 1, 2011

We stay in the private rooms with ensuites - showers are awesome. Hostel was clean and secure, free parking, free use of kitchen, free pancakes in the morning, easy to arrange tours out of.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JodieMichelle
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We stayed here for five days in August and the stay was ok - I don't know that we would ever stay here again.

Pros- Clean rooms, very clean shared bathrooms, good location, free parking if you have a car

Cons - They switched us to a different room half way through our stay, which was stressful to have to repack all our gear, check out, leave our bags with the front desk and then check-in again, and unpack again. Also, there was paperwork confusion that we ever changed rooms and one of the front desk staff walked in on us - no knocking or anything. Basically, she though the room was empty and was going to give it to someone else. Also, there was no record of what deposit we had paid on which room - utterly confusing and something I wanted to deal with on vacation. And finally, the room we stayed in upstairs toward the front of the building was nice, but when we were moved to the back of the hostel ... the room smelled funny, I think it was the carpets. Also, internet is NOT free, a bummer!

So overall just an ok stay. Clean place and good location - but the front desk's organization was too much of a headache.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple