“What a fantastic day! Definitely worth doing.”
Review of Ridgway Ramblers

Ridgway Ramblers
More attraction details
Owner description: A visit to Cape Town is not complete without a hike on Table Mountain. We will tailor make a hike to suit all ages and fitness levels - Your boots are made for walking.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 3, 2014

About a week ago I hiked up Table Mountain with Binny at Ridgway Ramblers, and from the outset had a fantastic time.

From booking, to the top of the mountain, Binny was informative, enthusiastic, pleasant and just generally fantastic. She collected me promptly from my hostel and drove us to the bottom of the mountain. She was sensitive to the pace we wanted to go and throughout the whole hike gave us a good laugh and lots of information on the mountain itself.

She would have transferred me back to had I not stopped up the top to do an abseil. But instead she ensure that i knew exactly where i was going and checked she could leave me, comfortable and content. Binny also provided hot cross buns and water for the hike.

All in all I had a fantastic time and throughoughly recommend it to anybody.

In Cape Town? Hike with Ridgway Ramblers!

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I can highly recommend hiking and touring with Binny Ridgway. Everything was very well organised and she knew a lot about the nature in Table Mountain. I have never experienced anything like this in my whole life and I am glad I chose Binny´s company to introduce me the amazing nature of Cape Town. To everybody from Finland, choose Binny!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I did two hikes with Binny from Ridgway Ramblers on April 18 and April 20, 2014. I contacted 3 hiking companies on a very short notice some days before from Austria/Europe. Binny answered immediately and suggested for all of my possible dates interesting hikes. I finally chose 2 of them and was perfectly happy. We did the 12 apostles onto table mountian and the silvermine national park. Binny wrote to me what to bring for the hikes, she picked me up at the hostel and brought me back. If you go with her you just don't have to worry about anything. She got nice lunch packages for us and even some juice (you have to bring your water by yourself). Although it is autum in South Africa I learned a lot about the plants and the animal life, we saw many beautiful proteas and some long-tailed birds.
For the Table Mountain it is important to bring warm/windproof clothing because once it gets foggy and/or windy temperature dropped by 10 degrees (Celsius). I also recommend mounain boots.
I am Austrian, living amidst the European alps and am hiking for mor than 30 years. My rating for the hikes with Binny from Ridway Ramblers is excellent, those hikes will remain in my memory.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I contacted Binny a few days before I wanted to take a hike up Table Mountain. I tend to plan things spur of the moment. I had Binny's mobile number from the information I found from the info hub website. I texted her and she texted me back right away and fortunately, had availability the day I wanted to do the hike. I had never climbed up Table Mountain before, as this was my first visit to glorious Cape Town. She had one other hiker who joined and it worked out well. Binny picked me up at the Backpacker Hotel. We headed for the park and met the other gal there around 8:30 AM. She decided to take us up on a trail that was on the Camp's Bay side of the mountain. The weather was perfect temperature and visibility. It was a bit of a strenuous hike for me as I didn't have my usual hiking boots and had to do some tough boulder scrambling. Plus, I'm not used to taking strenuous hikes for several hours at a time. I tweaked my left knee a little, but Binny was always near to give me a hoist when needed. She pointed out some flora and fauna and knew some pertinent information about the area. We were rewarded with fabulous views and had a simple lunch at the top of the mountain. It was so nice to have the trails to ourselves! Once we were on top of the mountain, it was crowded, but that's usual. Binny waited in the long line for the gondola for going down while I skipped into the gift shop to have a look around. She was very accommodating and helpful. She dropped me back at the Backpack around 2:30 pm. So, all in all, it was a satisfying hike. The only small criticism I have is that she may want to gauge people's hiking experience further by asking more questions about their athletic ability. I've been hiking for years and am in decent shape, but I did have a little problem with the ultra steep areas and some boulder scrambling. So, make sure you are clear with her on what the hike will involve and if you can really do it and have the right supportive footwear. Binny is professional and a fantastic hiker; I felt safe and was in good hands throughout the day. Good times.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I did two hikes with this lovely lady, one to Cape Point and the other walking up the mountain through the Kasteelspoort trail. A great way to explore the fauna and flora of Cape Town while avoiding the tourist crowds. Binny is a knowledgeable and experienced guide. Highly recommended.