“Table Mountain Hike”
Review of Ridgway Ramblers

Ridgway Ramblers
More attraction details
Owner description: A visit to Cape Town is not complete without a hike on Table Mountain. We will tailor make a hike to suit all ages and fitness levels - Your boots are made for walking.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Binny is an excellent guide, very knowledgeable and personable. She picked us up from our hotel and tailored the hike to the experience we were looking for. She carried extra water/food supplies in case we were dumb enough to not bring enough of our own (yes, many make that mistake!). She knew how to keep a good pace and spent time answering our questions and/or filling us with useful facts about the fauna/flora of table mountain. I highly recommend her!! Oh yes, the price was very fair :)

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"knowledgeable guide"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Had a lovely tour guide, I wouldn't recommend walking a route like we did alone plus also we would have never found such a beautiful route. We saw all the different views from all areas of table mountain including many of the bays, cape point, the peninsular and of course the city bowl. In all a wonderful trip and I would defenately recommend it.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Chose Binny because of her excellent TA-reviews and was not disappointed. First some e-mail communication where she responded very quickly and helped me choose my hikes. I ended up with full day Skeleton Gorge to Maclears Beacon, descend Platteklip Gorge and a half day Lion's head. Binny picked me up at my B&B exactly on time. She also advised by e-mail what to pack/water/etc.

She is knowledgeable about the mountain, animals and other things there. She adapts to your pace, so that you will not get too tired or feel that you are being rushed. I was the only hiker on the full day hike, but she was an excellent guide and perfect to chat with during the hike. She also carries extra water if there is a crisis. I also got to taste her lovely banana bread.

If you're going to Cape Town and plan a hike, please do contact her as she is highly recommended.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I had climbed Table Mountain some 10 years ago and wanted to give it another try. Our hotel,
the Cape Grace, highly recommended Binny as the only guide to use if you're going to hike the mountain. We had to take the steep, shortest trail up the front of the mountain due to time constraints. She was quite knowledgeable about the mountain, foliage, and animals. It was such an added bonus to have her with us. She made the climb interesting and fun for both of us. The pace she kept for us was perfect. With numerous stops for water and for me to catch my breathe, we made it to the top in a little over 2 hours!! Not bad. My only regret is that I didn't have the opportunity to hike another route, or mountain with her!!