“Great variety & delicious food, with tasty veg dishes”

Chef Pon's Asian Kitchen
Ranked #294 of 1,228 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Bowl
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The restaurant is in a lovely location. There are a range of Asian dishes; with some vegetarian options. The veg dish I had (brinjals, tofu, black bean sauce) was, however, one of the best I've had at an Asian restaurant. The service was a little slow in terms of follow-ups for drinks, but the owner stepped in before we got impatient. Definitely recomended.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you are looking for a good chinese restaurant that's not too pricy then I recommend Chef Pon's. Nice staff and good service. Our food was served timeously and their sweet and sour and chow Mein are the closest I tasted to home.

1  Thank Annaelle M
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Having visited many Chinese Restaurants in the country and overseas, was most impressed by the quality of the food and the service both in the restaurant and with their take away service.
The restaurant is not that big and the decor is minimal but it has a cosy feel. The menu caters for
sushi, taiwanese and chinese diners.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

What a terrible experience! First the food takes VERY VERY LONG to come! SO rather come with a full stomach to the restaurant. Although the restaurant wasn't full, we waited about 1h30min for our food to come. When the food came eventually my husbands order was messed up and he had to wait another 15min for his food.
I haven't even toched my food when a little BABY COCKROACH was running around on our table! Shocking, I didn't even wanna touch my food. Had to eat at home.
The owner's excuse: We sprayed the restaurant in the morning and now these things are coming out... Really? If you spray, surelly you should close your restaurant for few days...
I would not go to the place again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
SORRY can't tell much about the food as I couldn't even eat it...

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Like most Asian restaurants in Cape Town, do not expect the hostess to be happy or friendly!! Once you have passed reception, the ambience is warm, personal and child-friendly. The menu is comprehensive. You get exactly what the menu says and more. The food quality is top class and well presented. If you do not want to eat in, they will pleasantly prepare your take out meal to the same high quality standard.