“Manna Rocks It. Again”

Manna Epicure
Ranked #81 of 1,253 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The passionately-crafted menu reflects a synthesis of French and South African cuisines, with an exciting Argentinian twist. Open 7 days a week, for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Reviewed July 13, 2018

I've recently posted a none-too-favourable review of Manna. I regret it because, in recent weeks, I've visited Manna three times and each time it has come out tops. Their Coconut Bread is 'to die for' and the service has been attentive but not OTT. Breakfast is divine, and available all day and, f you have a car, Manna is a very convenient meeting point for those commuting from Cape Town's Atlantic, Central and near Southern Suburbs. You go guys. I'm thrilled to have found you again.

1  Thank Janey B
agnescrabshack, Owner at Manna Epicure, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Janey B.

Thank you.... Thank you for coming back, thank you for continuing support in the past week and thank you for such a nice review!

I am glad you thought we still got it... I still have to finish painting the place and change the plants... Any idea of what I can replace them with? Getting there!

See you soon,

Agnès

Reviewed July 4, 2018

As a local we have a group and during winter we like to look for specials...so we thought of trying Manna. Their theme of their winter special should be ... Batter, oil & "truffle oil" - simply too much oil. Even the soup had... truffle oil. All together not great - many other better options. Service - average.

agnescrabshack, Owner at Manna Epicure, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Dear CPT2015G

Thank you for your feedback on our R150 set menu for 2 courses.
Chef Sascha changes this menu on regular basis and tries to include a fish option, a vegetarian option and a meat one on all menus to accommodate as many guests as possible however, I have to agree with you, the menu put together yesterday was not well balanced,
thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I wish you had mentioned it to the manager on duty yesterday when they brought the soup out, it would have been very easy to bring another one without truffle oil.
Unfortunately you also ordered the chicken breast which is served with a wild mushrooms and rosemary sauce containing truffle oil... Admittedly, although excellent product for the price, this can become a bit much.

This winter special is very popular amongst our local guests and they often call on the day to enquire about the content of the winter menu, if you are willing to give us another chance, maybe this would be a good thing to do.
Until then, I will get Chef Sascha to revise the menu you had to make it more appealing.

Agnès

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

Warm welcome, waiters were very kind. The food(manna platter, pasta main, malva dessert) was delicious! Reasonably priced too!

Reviewed June 14, 2018

This is one of my favourite neighbourhood restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A great place for good food, service and to catch up with friends.

Agnes C, Owner at Manna Epicure, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

Dear Lesleyjc38,

Thank you so much for your awesome review!

We look forward to welcoming you again and again!

Agnes

Reviewed June 9, 2018

The food was very good, prices quite reasonable, very friendly staff and pleasant atmosphere - what more could we ask for?

Dear Traveling_In_Comfort,

Thank you very much, these type of reviews are what keep the staff happy and always wanting to provide our customers with
a great time!

If my staff is happy, we are all happy aren't we? ;-)

Hope to see you again soon.

Agnes