“One night definitely not enough!”
Review of MannaBay

MannaBay
Ranked #2 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We came through to Cape Town for a very good friend's 40th and stayed the evening at Manna Bay on Saturday. My husband and I had noted the development of the property from a deceased estate (half-built and lonesome-looking approx. 3 years ago) to the spectacular building that David Ryan and his team have created. It's warm, inviting, caring, beautifully decorated and cleverly crafted.

Madre' and her team are equally warm, welcoming and caring and we were treated to delicious 'high tea', lots of sweeties (which being pregnant, I couldn't resist) and a divine breakfast.

Our room (Explorer) was huge, sun-filled, extremely comfortable and with the most wonderful view of the city bowl and sea. We had to drag ourselves out of it to attend the 40th!

Thank you Manna Bay, for a special and memorable evening. We highly recommend and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Choose the front larger suites for the sun, the view and the size.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alison_J_Walker

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We loved staying here! The house is very unique and beautiful. We were made to feel very welcome and at home from the moment we arrived and everyone was extremely helpful and friendly.

We had never been to Cape Town before and Mannabay is in an excellent location in a lovely neighbourhood and a much better choice than a generic hotel - its like being at home but being spoilt! The rooms are lovely. We spent our last 2 nites in the Versailles suite which was over the top in such a good way. Not to mention being very spacious and comfortable.

Breakfasts were great with lots of choice (hot and cold). Gorgeous views as well with Cape Town at the front and Table Mountain behind.

A big thanks to everyone at Mannabay, especially to Robyn for making us feel so welcome and being so helpful and lovely. Also to Pearce for wonderful coffee every morning :)

Sad to leave and we wouldn't stay anywhere else if we are lucky enough to make it back to Cape Town.

Room Tip: The Versailles room is a great room to treat yourself - very decadent.
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I just returned from my very first trip to Cape Town S.A. and i don't think it would have been as wonderful as it was if we did not stay at Manna Bay! I will be honest... I was not to thrilled to find out that my brother and I were going to be staying at a Guest House (bed and breakfast we call them in the states) but that quickly changed! The location is wonderful. The views of Table Mountain, Lion Mountain and Cape Town are wonderful, but it is the staff that makes Manna Bay an absolute Gem! Neither my brother or I have ever been to Cape Town before and wasn't sure what to do.. Madre and her staff took care of that for us.. It was such a luxury to have such a personal touch with the staff. You will never get that touch at any hotel. Thank you Madre and staff for making our stay so wonderful.... WE will be back... and our only option will be Manna Bay.

Room Tip: The Oriental room was wonderful. Front of the house with views of Cape Town..
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I can find no better word than "perfect" to describe our stay at Mannabay. This truly feels like home away from home. The staff were exceptionally warm and inviting and tended to our every need with a genuine willingness to make us feel like family. Our room, Black and White, had the most beautiful decor and bathroom - the bathroom could be considered a room in itself, it is huge! When we woke up in the morning, just when we thought things couldn't get any better, we went downstairs for our breakfast. Hands down, the best Eggs Benedict I've had. Unbelievable. My only regret is that we were only there for one evening and didn't spend much time in the lounge area which also had such an amazingly warm atmosphere and feeling of 'home' to it. I cannot recommend a better place to stay in Cape Town.

1  Thank l3jorn
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My husband and I returned for the second time to MannaBay this weekend. It is truly one of our favourite places in Cape Town. MannaBay is a sanctuary of relaxation and impeccable service! Thank you Madre and your staff for making our stay so amazing! We would recommend MannaBay to all our friends and family!

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I spent 6 nights recently at MannaBay and can honestly say I have never stayed in a more wonderful place. Manna Bay is a exclusive, boutique hotel situated on the slopes of Table Mountain with the most amazing views over the city bowl and Table Bay. It is located in an upmarket and safe part of Cape Town with cute coffee shops and a good Mall within easy walking distance. The accommodations at Manna Bay are breath taking ; each room has a distinct theme and design aesthetic. I was fortunate to stay in the Pom Pom room which was great as it had its own private entrance off the secure unground garage and also had its own private garden courtyard. The living spaces (lounges, dining room ,library) are luxuriously appointed but also comfortable enough to feel right at home in. There is a beautiful swimming pool which I was able to enjoy (yes it was hot enough to swim in May!). I think what really makes MannaBay Great is its incredible manager, Madre and her awesome team. From the moment I arrived in the car which was arranged for my airport transfer, Madre made me feel right at home at Manna Bay. Recommendations for dinner were tops as well as things to see and do in and around Cape Town. Special mention must be made of other members of the team, namely Robyn and Sharack and Peers. These three individuals went out of their way to cater to my every whim. Service is Top class and nothing is too much to ask with these great people. In Cape Town, there are numerous choices when it comes to guest houses , B&B's and Boutique hotels, not to mention 5 star mainstream hotel chains and establishments, but I have to stay I will be staying at Manna Bay when I next visit Cape Town again in the future. I really feel that MannaBay should be number 1 on Trip advisor in terms of value for money and absolute gracious pampering and luxury with customer service that beats any establishment I have every stayed at. Don't miss the incredible breakfasts, and high teas every day, not to mention the great wine selection and evening "Sun downers" (drinks) served on the deck or in the beautiful lounge by one of the friendly butlers. Thanks to All the great people at Manna bay for making my trip to South Africa so memorable.

Room Tip: Versailles Suite and the Pom Pom room would be my choices here.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
MannabayManagement, Manager at MannaBay, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Thank you Andrew for your wonderful feedback and comments on MannaBay. It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us - we really enjoyed your company. We hope you had an amazing safari experience post your Cape Town visit ! Looking forward to your return to Cape Town and MannaBay. Warm regards, your MannaBay team

Reviewed May 9, 2012

First, this is a more than first class establishment. All of the space is gorgeous and the rooms are wonderful. It is well located and an easy taxi ride to anywhere in the City. Views are beautiful. But, what really makes this place is the staff. they are so gracious and do not know how to say no. Our visit here inspires us to recommend this boutique hotel to anyone we know who will visit Cape Town. It is unfortunate that Tripadvisor's highest rating is only excellent, because Manna Bay is definitely a step above excellent. Don't bother researching other places, this is where you must stay to make your Cape Town adventure one to truly remember.

Room Tip: The suites facing Cape Town are outstanding.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
MannabayManagement, Manager at MannaBay, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback. Really wonderful you had an amazing stay at MannaBay. We hope you will return.

Warm regards

#7 of 112 in Cape Town Central
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel
#11 of 112 in Cape Town Central

Been to MannaBay? Share your experiences!