Amber Tree Lodge
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Cape Town Central
See available hotels
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Hippo Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Cape Cadogan(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Cape Milner(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
More Quarters Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
An African Villa(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Fritz Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Lady Hamilton Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

What they advertise in coast to coast is exactly what you get. Nice fluffy pillows, crisp clean sheets, and warm blankets. The bathrooms were immaculate and so clean. The hot water was endless! Breakfast was pretty standard but good and better than most hostels and included! Dorms were quite small but we were lucky that it was just 2 of us. The manager was very friendly and helpful however the trainee just walked into our dorm room a couple times without knocking. The one time she came in just to show a family around. It wasn't like she was showing them to their room. They offer a great deal at Arnold's restaurant which is by far the best food I had in South Africa. I would def. recommend Amber Tree and Arnold's restaurant!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This place is unreal. The staff are some of the most helpful around, the location is perfect, and the facilities themselves are sparkling clean and very comfortable. It’s very close to Kloof and Long Streets, and a short ride away from Table Mountain. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mr_Traveler_1956
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My friends and I recently stayed at Amber Tree for a number of nights in a four-bed dorm room. The shared toilets and showers were immaculately clean, and shared by a very reasonable number of guests. We never had to wait for for use of the facilities. Stephen was amazingly helpful when it came to planning our activities in Cape Town, and did not hesitate to contact people on our behalf when it was necessary. The kitchen was available to us at any time of day, and we were able to store all of our food in the fridge and on the shelves. The best part of the lodge has to be the amazing common room with comfortable sofas and chairs, flat screen TV and free wi-fi. I highly recommend Amber Tree to anyone visiting Cape Town.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I recently stayed at this lodge and found it fantastic. everything was immaculately clean and a good functioning kitchen available for self-caterers. the staff were incredibly helpful and nothing was too much trouble. a friendly living room allowed me to meet fellow travellers to share my time in cape town with. central but quiet location is ideal. I will definitely recommend this to others

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed for a week in June and loved every minute of my stay. Very clean hostel from the beds to the bathroom. Friendly and helpful staff. Went out of their way to make sure we got the most out of our stay. Wonderful location close to center of the city. Everything about this place is amazing! Honestly, one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends