Amber Tree Lodge
$119
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$428
Hotels.com
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$121
$112
  • Breakfast included
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$179
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$115
Hilton
  • Pool
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
$666
$648
  • Breakfast included
$185
  • Pool
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$171
$148
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
$550
$423
Agoda.com
Derwent House Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$155
$150
Orbitz.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 19, 2011

We stayed here for the duration of our six night stay in Cape Town, in a dorm room.

I can honestly say this is by far the best hostel we have stayed in during five weeks of Africa and I am certain it will remain one of the best of our one year trip!

The dorm was immaculate with three sets of bunks. A lot of thought has gone into comfort and the bunks had been custom made with sturdy logs and extra height for the bottom occupant. Good sized lockers were also provided. The bathrooms were also immaculate and very well designed, they would have fitted perfectly in a good hotel!

The main attraction of this hostel is whilst it is very close to the main restaurant area of Long Street (5 mins walk) it is in a quieter side street so sleep quality is much improved. Indeed some fellow travellers who had been paying only pennies less for their crowded and very loud "party hostel" on long street soon moved here after a quick look around.

Breakfast of cereals, toast and good coffee was included which made life easier and the kitchen was fully equipped and luxurious!

The two guys running the place were such an asset and really made our stay. They were helpful in every aspect and arranged (a much recommended) wine tour and car hire during our stay. Nothing was too much hassle and good restaurant recommendations were plentiful.

Free Internet on a pc is provided as is free wifi - A big bonus for planning!

Free, secure parking was also provided for our hire car.

Stay Here!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I've stayed only one day but it was almost 2 days 'cause I had early flight on second day so after one night sleep I hanged around in the house. Steve(Owner) was so helpful on everything, direction in town, how I can get to airport, letting me stay for extra hours without a charge. He even let me print a bus ticket that I bought in Argentina over internet. I offered payment but he didn't except it. How nice!!!
Rooms and whole house is clean, bathrooms are spotless clean, with consistant decoration of curtain, furnitures.
I will definitlely come back if I come Cape Town again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 8, 2011

I stayed at Amber Tree twice, at the beginning and the end of my SA trip. Especially the second time it felt a little bit like like coming home, with the free breakfast and internet, calm atmosphere, comfortable beds and, most of all, the very friendly staff. They gave us great recommendations for the on-the-road part of our trip.
In every respect, Amber Tree Lodge is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 6, 2011

This hostel is one of my favorites in my South Africa trip. The people, wayne and Stephen were so warm and friendly. they try to look for the best deals for us. The hostel per se feels like a home. its very clean and comfy. Free net access is also a plus. locations perfect. 10min walk to/from the central market, and 5 min away from good pubs and restaurant.

it also has a spectacular view of the table mountain. will surely stay in this place again once i visit again.

Thanks Ambertree lodge by the way for making our stay extra WAKAWAKA!! haha

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Never having stayed in a hostel I wasn't quite sure what to expect, however the pictures looked good so I went ahead and booked; 3 nights for 3 ladies in our 40's travelling on a 6 week adventure and all far more used to 5*. Steven and Wayne could not have been nicer from the moment I booked I contacted Wayne and he organised the airport transfer for us. The hostel is not only clean and comfortable but extremely homely and welcoming. WiFi is free and breakfast is included, there's a lovely courtyard to sit out or a balcony with a wonderful view of table mountain. Would we go back again? We booked before we left to spend 3 nights on the return of our adventure.

• Stayed: February 2011