“Great Breakfast!”

Rcaffe
Ranked #181 of 1,182 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: About the restaurant: Established in 2004, Rcaffe on Long Street has stood the test of time. Our excellent coffee has always been our biggest selling point, and our passionate belief in excellent food and impeccable service has certainly made Rcaffe a Cape Town institution. Recently voted as one of the Top 10 coffee shops in cape town by Cape Town Magazine. We are proud, and thankful to our regular, and new, clientele for the support over the years. Philosophy: "Home is where friendly paths cross, and for that brief moment in time, the whole world looks like home." - Hermann Hesse The Rcaffe experience permeates all your senses: sight, smell, flavor, sound and atmosphere stirring a romantically familiar sense of deja vu. Have you ever been drawn to a place, not quite certain what pulled you in, finding yourself giving in to the urge of exploring it further, only to discover that your expectation has been exceeded? That's the charm of Rcaffe. Funky, creative, quirky, vibrant, unique, social, friendly, hip, fresh, sophisticated, decadent....Rcaffe is a theatrical experience which would create a personal stage for each and every one of its visitors. Decor: The decor is a creative expression of the Rcaffe philosophy. It has a romantic, bohemian feel to it, modeled by the creative flare of designer and artist, Brigitte Dewberry ("Spred");"I wanted to create a quirky fun but layered experience. Something that would engage the customers but leave them with a taste of nostalgia" The art features made from "R"ecycled magazines and "R"ead books, "R"ecords, vintage tennis "R"ackets, tape "R"ecorders etc is what brings the "R" to life. Food: We have a divers menu using only the freshest ingredients. Quality, consistency and well-balanced flavors are what we have become known for since opening in 2004. Flavors are well thought through and every bite is complex, with multiple layers of taste awakening your senses and evoking memories. Mediterranean simplicity is combined with the interesting notion that nothing is quite what it seems, continuously discovering a new flavor element with every bite, making the experience unforgettable.
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Was staying at a nearby hotel on Long street and this place was recommended for breakfast. Its a shame i only decided to stop in on my last day of holiday as the food was great! The coffee was decent but i had to ask several times for milk for the coffee. I had the Greek style omelette with feta and tomatoes which came with salad and a slice of home made grain bread. It was a large meal for a reasonable price. The service was only average for cape town standards but i would have returned had i stayed in Cape Town longer.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We go regularly to R Cafe for breakfast and have never been disappointed in the food or service. Sharon the owner is always keen to make recommendations and often surprises us with a taste of something new and delicious. Servings are always generous and amazingly presented. Thank you Sharon and we will see you soon again.

1  Thank Mike A
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Even tough we were in Cape Town for just a few days, once we found R Caffe, we kept wanting to go back! Yummy deserts, and Pancakes to Die for!
It's also one of the nicest interiors I've seen in a while. Quirky and very detailed, this place makes for fantastic photos!
My girlfriend and I also got great advice on 'the scene' here. If I could, I'd give this place 6 stars for Atmosphere

1  Thank SabinaGulati
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have been going consistently to Rcaffe for the last 5 years, yes I work across the road. Excellent food service and bathroom facilities.

I highly recommend the sandwiches, the traditional english breakfast and the white hot chockolate. The desserts are also great - especially the cheesecake.

The owners Julian and Sharon are always friendly and attentive. All in all great value for money.

1  Thank Iscsam002
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Derive wanting to try new places, we found ourselves coming back to this great little cafe on Long St.

Tasty cake-try the warm chocolate cupcake, good coffee and FABULOUS breakfast- I wanted to try everything, but was delighted with my bacon and brie sandwich.

Friendly service, quirky decor, good food. Grand choice all round.

1  Thank HelenStonehouse