“Cool, quirky setting, great food”

Bombay Bicycle Club
Ranked #137 of 1,185 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Bowl
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This restaurant is worth the visit. It's quirky decor makes it worth it already. The food is well priced and very good! Do make a reservation, it's quite popular!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Try and take a trip along here, it has a wonderful atmosphere and the food's delicious at a fair price. The staff are a good laugh (Tallulah) and the vibe's excellent. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

If you are looking for "something different" or "a new experience" or if you just want a "good night out" book a table tomorrow!

The atmosphere and vide is pretty cool with crazy decor including a washing line with some underwear! A small live band would have been nice though,#justsaying!

The food is delicious, ribs certainly the best, the oven roast beef, ostrich and lamb shank, I have no words, YUM! The chocolate cigars is the percent way to end the meal! Oh before I forget, 2-4-1 drinks special then starts at 10pm, oh wow!

All in all a great experience! Well done!

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were told to go here by one of the barman we got talking to in a bar and I'm so glad of the recommendation.

Our hotel made a reservation for us and it was a very busy Saturday night. It looks the type of place that would be busy all the time so you're probably best to book in advance. Please note that it's closed on Sundays.

The inside is amazing, lots of stuff hanging from the walls, not an inch of the place isn't covered in something of some description.
We had a huge black bra dangling above our table. It's quite an intimate place with a vibrant, happy and hippie sort of feel about it.

Our server was Tallulah and she was great, a good laugh, happy to make recommendations about the menu and make general chit chat. She is a credit to this restaurant. She gave us 2 huge hats to try on when we paid our bill and offered to take our foto so we had a momento of the evening.

I had a steak, hubbie had the steak with chilli and chocolate sauce which is a funky combination but it works! I think that's their signature dish. For our starters I had the deep fried camembert and hubbie had the calamari.

There's a table at the entrance which has six seats all on a swing, I'd love to have sat there but we had a great table upstairs overlooking the downstairs part.

Reasonably priced. This is a restaurant you must visit if you want great food from an extensive menu and the desserts are delicious.

A must do when in Cape Town.

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

And now for something completely different: delicious food in a playful decor - you will feel like in a theme park, but what's the theme? The name could lead one to misguidedly believe to be heading to India, but that's not at all what you find. The ribs seem to be the signature but I mixed it up with some garlic shrimps for an unusual surf and turf mix. Some outside seating next to street, but inside seems to be all the fun. Check the photos!