“Average”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Neighborhood: City Bowl
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Tne service was sufficient but the portions are on the small side and the produce is not extremely fresh. Average food for a high price.

Canberra, Australia
“Worst dinner in Cape Town”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

I had the worst dinner in Cape Town here once. The service was the slowest and most dysfunctional of any restaurant I've ever been too. For example, the watress took 20 minutes to see us after seating us, took another 10-15 to come back, and then after we showed her our wine we brought, she came back 10 minutes later and gave us the corkscrew without opening the wine and ran off again!! I ordered a pasta with squid ink, and when it came over an hour after we came, it came out cold and inedible. The feeling of the restaurant was mutually felt, I believe, as people were surprised at the service and food. It looks cute, but it's really, really not worth going to unless they improve drastically. There are other decent options this high up on Kloof (though better food is to be found below, except for Toni's and the French restaurant up the street, which is decent French).

• Visited May 2011
New York, NY
“Felt like we were invited by the owner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

Amazing breakfast! Excellent service and the most scrumptious food. Everything was fresh and tasty. I can not wait to go back during my next visit.

Visited November 2011
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Yummy steak and ostrich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

This place is so cute and the food is fab and reasonably priced.
The only advice I would give is that there is no need to serve salad, veg and potatos with a main course as it is just too much food and detracts from the quality.

I hope more people realise how great this little gem of a restaurant is as it was a little quiet when we went. However, it was one of the best fillet steaks I have had and my husband had ostrich which was also delicious.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank MrsJ83
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Brilliant breakfasts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

This is on my short list of breakfast places. The food is awesome, and sitting in the little courtyard out back on a beautiful summer morning is something I literally dream about.

Really fresh juices, and a great vibe.

Visited September 2011