“Great Location, Good Hilton Experience”

Hilton Cape Town City Centre
Ranked #43 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is one of the better Hiltons in the world. Well worth staying here if you like the brand. It's more for the business person than the tourist. Great staff who strive to please. Easy check-in and check-out. Difficult to find parking when you arrive, if you have your own car, but because it's South Africa, feel free to do the illegal parking thing - everyone does.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Patrick E
MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and especially mentioned our attentive and hospitable team members.

I hope that my team and I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Marc O. Schumacher

Write a ReviewReviews (1,375)

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Just returned from a visit to Cape town to watch the cricket. It was awesome. There is so much to see and do. dramtic scenery at the Cape of Good Hope, fabulous wines in Stellenbosch, the desolation of Robben Island and of course a thrilling 3rd test against South Africa. The Hilton was beyond our expectations. I have stayed on thers around the world but this was exceptional!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review on TripAdvisor!

My team and I are delighted to learn that you had a great time in Cape Town and that we could exceed your expectations in every way.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

With my best personal regards,

Reviewed March 11, 2014

An excellent hotel the staff all being polite, helpful and prfossional-a credit to Hilton Hotels. Needless to say the useless SAA lost my suitcase-the concierge at the HH went out of his way to chase the airport and retrieve my case-outstanding service!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your great review on TripAdvisor.

It is such a pleasure to receive feedback such as yours and to know that our team members live our values every day!
I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Cape Town City Centre in the near future.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel is in a really good location and the staff were very friendly, knowledgable and helpful. Complimentary shuttle bus to the waterfront was of great benefit. The room was spacious and kept very clean and the bathroom was beautiful with plenty of space and excellent facilities. Good quality breakfast although the service was not always as top notch as we had come to expect (however the breakfast manager was very attentive and excellent). The hotel offered excellent services: good food options' cocktail bar, swimming pool, gym, car hire services. We would definitely recommend and revisit.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the TripAdvisor community.

I was delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and were specifically impressed with our “excellent” facilities and offered services.

Your kind comments and recommendation to other travellers are much appreciated. Thank you for choosing our property for your Honeymoon and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I was travelling from NYC to JoBurg and then here.
I was excited to get to the hotel and have a home base for a few days.\

check-in
I went to the "desk" it's literally two writing desks. The staff seemed to be overwhelmed. There was no one at the gold members desk. The lady on the other side was sorting out people who's room cards were not working. (I'd later find this to be a major annoyance as it happened almost daily)
Check in took about 15mins which is long and included wait time.

The room:
The room was OK. I was on the 8th floor which is the executive floor. The bathroom was large which was nice and the furnishing were average. They were not as nice as the Hilton I had just been to in Sandton.

The Staff
The staff, while friendly, were a little useless. I had a major issue with Room Service one night. I ordered and it took 1 hour and 30mins due to the lady Tamryn not getting the correct room number. THEN she didn't even try to find out who ordered and I had to call. After calling she said it would, "be right up". 20mins later, nothing. They apologized and comp'd the meal but I found it strange that I was given a bill by the person who brought it up. I drew an x on it as I was told I was not being charged.

The only really helpful staff person was the lady in the executive lounge. I think her name was Susan. She was genuinely friendly and not like, "trained" friendly.
Oh, the cleaning ladies were SOOOO loud. I was trying to take a nap around 17:00. They were practically yelling at each other out in the hall. When they knocked on my door to drop a robe off I politely asked her to keep it down. Still, hotel maids are not to be loud. They clean the rooms and move on.

The pool:
The pool area was nice as was the selection of drinks and food.

The area:
yikes. The area is not to be walked around at night. Nowhere in Cape Town is to be honest but the are is by the not so nice area of Cape Town so beware.

Final thoughts:

would I stay here again? Maybe/Probably not. With so many other choices I think i'd go for something closer to the waterfront.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank GalaxyVoyager
MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I deeply regret to learn that you were disappointed with your recent stay at the hotel. We always endeavor to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations. I have reviewed your report with the relevant managers, who will address the raised matters accordingly. At Hilton Cape Town we pride ourselves in offering true Hilton Hospitality and we will take the necessary steps to avoid such shortcomings in service in the future. I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

However, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed Signal Hill Terrace and our pool area as well as the service in the Executive Lounge.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion we will have the opportunity to redeem our services to you at some point in the future.

With my best personal regards,

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My family and I stayed in late Feb for a few nights, as a pre-tour hotel. Rooms were clean, reception was great and the beds were comfy. One night we had dinner at the restaurant next to the pool (I believe it is called Signal Hill), which we found to be quite good and extremely we'll priced. The seafood dishes (fish) were the best, even better than some of the better seafood restaurants at V&A Harbourfront. Overall, an enjoyable stay and much better than most Marriotts that we've stayed in before.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
MarcSchumacher, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay at Hilton Cape Town City Centre. It is such a pleasure to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Your praises for our Restaurant Signal Hill are very much appreciated and will be relayed to our kitchen team.

My team and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Very nice hotel at a top location. Aprx. 10 min. walking from Long Street and the main shopping centre of Cape Town. By car aprx. 10 min. from the Waterfront. Nice well equipped rooms and friendly service. Nice but small swimming pool. Breakfast is ok, what you can expect from a 5star hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank EJPNL

Dear Valued Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our central location, rooms and facilities as well as the service received from our team members. Your positive remarks are much appreciated.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back!