Booked twin room with a friend as part of holiday stay in cape town. As my friend is gold card with Hilton they had upgraded room to executive we were told at check in. The lifts however signalled that executive rooms were on a different floor to ours so not sure if we were in a upgraded room or not. Judging by the size of the room I would think not as the two large single beds didnt leave much spare space in the rather compact room. However awesome view out to table mountain and bed was very comfy.
Main gripe was the bathroom. The fittings, bath and huge shower were all fantastic. Problem was that it had a frosted glass sliding door and a patterned glass panel next to that which meant that it wasn't properly closed off from main room. Now wether travelling with friends or a partner, I have no desire to see or hear (or smell) what is going on in the bathroom. The doorway itself was about less than a metre away from one of the beds. Really cool looking but really, bathrooms should be sealed off with proper lockable doors. Highly unimpressed.
Breakfast was a great selection and all tasty. Again due to my friends gold card we had access to the executive area. A very bland unininviting area with crisps/biscuits laid out with drinks And alcohol available for few hours in eve.
All in all great hotel just totally ruined in my opinion by the stupid bathroom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of South Africa's second largest city at the foot of Table Mountain, the Hilton Cape Town City Centre hotel is only 20 minutes from Cape Town Airport and is close to many shops and businesses, the wine district, a variety of beaches and the National Parliament. All of the modern Guest Rooms at this Cape Town hotel boast large windows, 32-inch LCD TVs and complimentary wireless internet access. Upgrade to an Executive Room for stunning views of Table Mountain or the city and access to the Executive Lounge, with complimentary breakfast, canapés and drinks. Hold a conference for up to 120 guests in one of 6 meeting rooms or 2 board rooms, which offer the very latest in audio/visual technology and ensure your event is a success with our business center. Indulge in an all-day dining experience in the elegant Mezbaan restaurants(Halaal certified by ICSA) and sip cocktails and relax with a fragrant shisha pipe in the exotic Signal Hill Terrace Lounge and Restaurant. Work out in our Fitness Center or soak up the glorious South African sunshine and stunning views of the Bo-Kaap and Table Mountain in the outdoor swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Cape Town City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cape Town City Centre Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hilton Cape Town City Centre South Africa