The Hilton Cape Town City Centre was so close to a perfect review! The hotel is clean and stylish, the location was perfect for walking through the City Centre, right at the corner of the colorful Bo Kaap district, and the concierge and wait service was wonderful. The concierge Marcelino (sp?) was very helpful; not only did he run down the street to get me a better exchange rate than the Hilton was offering, but he then walked me and my mother to the nearest ATM a few blocks away since it was getting dark, and that is not the safest time to be pulling a couple thousand Rand out of an ATM in Cape Town. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.
Okay, now the bad news; the only exception is the transfer service which is run by a company called MK Exotic Tours. I booked airport transfers from/to Cape Town International Airport in advance, and verified those transfers ahead of time, but both the pick-up from the airport and pick-up from the hotel were 20 minutes late or more. Our morning transfer back to the airport was getting so late we ended up getting a refund for the R850 (!) transfer and instead jumped in a cab, which offered us a flat-rate, R350 trip. What shocked me the most was that the Hilton night manager Bishop was more concerned about getting me to pay the R850 transfer fee for a van that wasn’t even present 20 minutes after we were supposed to leave for the airport, than to make sure we actually had our ride! I did end up getting an apology letter from MK’s manager as well as the Hilton manager who has offered to reimburse me for the cab ride, which I really do appreciate. This, by the way, is a good example of the otherwise wonderful service we received from the hotel, but I still cannot give them a good review for untimely service.
In short, I would recommend this hotel for it's location, style, and service but when it comes to transfers, play it safe and call a cab.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of South Africa's second largest city at the foot of Table Mountain, the Hilton Cape Town City Centre hotel is only 20 minutes from Cape Town Airport and is close to many shops and businesses, the wine district, a variety of beaches and the National Parliament. All of the modern Guest Rooms at this Cape Town hotel boast large windows, 32-inch LCD TVs and complimentary wireless internet access. Upgrade to an Executive Room for stunning views of Table Mountain or the city and access to the Executive Lounge, with complimentary breakfast, canapés and drinks. Hold a conference for up to 120 guests in one of 6 meeting rooms or 2 board rooms, which offer the very latest in audio/visual technology and ensure your event is a success with our business center. Indulge in an all-day dining experience in the elegant Mezbaan restaurants(Halaal certified by ICSA) and sip cocktails and relax with a fragrant shisha pipe in the exotic Signal Hill Terrace Lounge and Restaurant. Work out in our Fitness Center or soak up the glorious South African sunshine and stunning views of the Bo-Kaap and Table Mountain in the outdoor swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Cape Town City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cape Town City Centre Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hilton Cape Town City Centre South Africa