“Excellent Stay”

Hilton Cape Town City Centre
Ranked #43 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at the property for 6 nights as diamond members. We were treated very well - given an upgrade and access to the executive lounge. The room was huge with a separate dining/living area from the bathroom. The property was extremely clean and the bed very comfortable.

The staff was extremely nice and will to answer any questions that we had. They have a shuttle to take you near town and they also have on-site car service that you can book to take you anywhere. We frequently used the service and thought they were very prompt and friendly.

As someone who frequently stays in Hilton properties, this was one of my favorites!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed our spacious and clean rooms and comfortable beds. It is always particularly warming to receive praises for our staff members and I have shared your report with the rest of my team.

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Cape Town City Centre as one of your favorite properties and I hope that my team and I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We loved our time in Cape Town. The customer service was excellent ! All of the workers went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of.
My only wish would be for more restaurant options nearby after a long day of sight seeing ! We would stay here again !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your great review on TripAdvisor.

Your compliments regarding our customer service are greatly appreciated and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back for more Hilton Hospitality.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

As someone who travels a lot on business, I complain a lot about beds in hotel rooms, but this one in Hilton CTN was the best, wish I knew about the hotel earlier, now I know where to sleep when in CTN.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on this website.

I am glad you discovered the Hilton Cape Town City Centre (and our comfortable beds) and I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

As every other Hilton accriss the world it remains a trusted brand. Fair value for money. Friendly and welcoming staff. Good location in the Bo-Kaap and close to restaurants.
Tip: This is not only a business hotel and a decent 5 star option for leisure travelers too.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed our prime location and hospitality of our team members.

Your loyalty to the Hilton brand is appreciated and I hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed at the Cape Town Hilton (City Center) in early July 2013. I have traveled extensively for many years and I have to say this is one of the best hotel experiences I have had. From the views of Table Mountain and Lions Head, to the staff, to the executive lounge it was all first class.

My son (13) was amazed at how nice the hotel was (second opinion from a well traveled kid :-). The staff remembered each day where we were touring and asked how it was at the end of the day. They were great in every aspect.

It would be a bit of walk to the waterfront, but they have a bus that goes down every hour. The cab ride was about $4 if the bus times didn't work. Very safe in all ways, we had no troubles at all (of course play it smart as in any large city). I received an incredible rate, it was a fraction of the hotels directly on the waterfront.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of Table Mountain, its amazing to see the mountain at sunrise and sunset.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

I was delighted to learn that you and your family enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us.

Your positive comments with regards to the property and compliments for our team members are greatly appreciated, especially coming from such well-traveled guests.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back for more Hilton Hospitality in the near future.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I said with my wife and my son here for four nights. We were upgraded to deluxe room at check-in. The room was big and elegantly furnished. The bathroom was spacious with a big bath and a shower area. The king bed was very comfortable. The only hiccup was the venetian blinds on the window which did not close completely, so part of the room was lit up at sunrise. The service definitely lives up to the Hilton standard. The front desk team was efficient and helpful. The one touch service meant you had all the assistance at the press of a button. The hotel has a pool, bar, lounge and fitness centre on the mezzanine level. It also has Mezbaan, an Indian restaurant at the same level, though with different entrance. First night there was a private party at Mezbaan. As a result, we were told to use the lounge and the Mezbaan food was served to us by the lounge staff. The service was extremely good with no delays even though it meant the person had to make numerous trips up and down the stairs to Mezbaan while balancing his workload at the bar. The staff, the service, the food definitely make a complete experience. Though the hotel is not at the waterfront, I would definitely recommend it as it is quite central and both the beaches and table mountain are very short drives from here. I'm definitely going back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

It is particularly heart-warming to receive such a positive review from a Senior Contributor on TripAdvisor. Your comments and compliments are greatly appreciated and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Cape Town City Centre soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at this property while in Cape Town for work. If you're going to stay downtown, this is a very nice property. There are some nice places to eat just a short walk or cab ride away. I would recommend a room that faces Table Mountain. There is something spiritual about walking up to that view out of your window!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Table Mountain!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our prime location and the stunning views many of our rooms have to offer. I can only agree, Table Mountain has something magical about it and one can never get enough of looking at it!

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future,