Hilton Cape Town City Centre
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
$261
$202
Agoda.com
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$156
$108
Protea Hotels
  • Pool
Townhouse Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$114
$70
  • Breakfast included
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$318
$230
$796
$335
Agoda.com
Southern Sun The Cullinan(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$248
$135
bedfinder
  • Pool
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
$196
$170
Winchester Mansions(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$192
$131
  • Breakfast included
Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$142
$101
$343
$220
1,437 results
All reviewsthe executive loungetable mountainbo kaapfree shuttleconcierge stafflong streetsignal hillbedroom suiteshuttle servicemini barthe hotel offerswater frontcomfortable staycentral locationwaterfront areacamps baysouth africa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2012

In a word, superb.  Hard to fault this great hotel. Location is great, in the city centre and close to the waterfront. Im not sure if the hotel is new or if it has had extensive refurbishment but everything about it felt new, clean and modern from the guest rooms to the lobby to the corridors etc.

We stayed four nights. Room was great.  We were upgraded to a room on the Executive floor due to having a Hilton Gold loyalty card but I understand the Executive floor rooms are pretty much the same as the regular guest rooms with the exception of a few extra amenities and access to the Executive lounge. The room was large with plenty of space, wooden floors and a massive bathroom with a free standing bath. The bed was extremely comfortable, the air con worked a treat and we were never disturbed by noise at any time during our stay. There was quick and reliable wifi throughout the hotel and PC's with free Internet access in the Business Centre.

The hotel itself is quite small so most of the facilities within the hotel are quite small as well but really well appointed and were never busy or crowded.  The restaurant on the ground level was great. There is a small pool and sunbathing area as well as a small yet decently equipped (and modern) gym - both of which were deserted each time we visited. The Executive Lounge also was rather small yet perfectly equipped for it's purpose.  There was a good spread for breakfast each morning, snacks and drinks throughout the day, cakes in the afternoon and a full bar, canapés and warm snacks in the evening.  Again, it never felt crowded.

I feel the real strength of the Hilton Cape Town though is it's staff.  Absolutely every single staff member we encountered from check-in to concierge to the Executive lounge to house keeping to check out were nothing short of first rate.  That is without exception. They really did make our stay in a sense,their friendliness and genuine interest was really refreshing.

When I return to cape town I will definitely also be returning to the Hilton.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Cape Town City Centre and for this outstanding review.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the modern interior and cleanliness of our rooms and the hotel as such and your positive feedback regarding our business and leisure facilities are greatly appreciated.

Especially your evaluation of your staff members is heart warming and I have proudly shared your report with the rest of the team. Our personnel are our greatest asset and I am glad to know that our brand values and passion for superior hospitality is being represented by every single team member.

I am honored that we were able to create vacation memories for you and look forward to welcome you back for more Hilton Hospitality in the near future!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had stayed here when it was still the Coral and loved the rooms, so were curious to see what changes being part of the Hilton brand would make.

Rooms were still excellent, as was the service and the food in the Indian restaurant.

I love my drink with dinner, but foregoing it for a night or two wasnt a problem and there are always drinks available on the terrace.

And Kudos for the Patchi chocolate - lovely!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our facilities as well as our culinary offer and would recommend our hotel to others.

All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and such positive feedback is greatly appreciated.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

From the moment I entered this hotel I felt like I was a celebrity. The staff is better then five stars. The location, while not in the center of everything, is a short taxi drive or the hotel will shuttle you down to the dock.
I will stay here again

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you would definitely return for another visit.

Your positive feedback regarding our complimentary shuttle and staff is greatly appreciated.
Receiving such comments for my team is always a delight and I have proudly shared your report with the team.

Once again, thank you for your compliments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was my fourth stay at this hotel. The service has improved steadily under the new management. It is within a short walking or driving distance to almost all of the popular attractions in this beautiful city. The staff are wonderful. So too the food which is Halal - a great plus for the Muslim traveller. This will continue to be my regular choice of Hotel n Cape Town

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Hilton Cape Town City Centre.

Your loyalty to the brand and especially to the Hilton Cape Town City Centre is greatly appreciated and I am looking forward to welcoming you even more often in the future.

We are constantly striving to improve customer experience and it is great to know that our efforts to provide superior service and hospitality are being represented by our team.

I hope to see you return soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We arrived after 18 hours of travelling and were met by the super efficient, ever smiling and most welcoming Fundi at check in. From there on in a wonderful experience. If I could make one suggestion - it is not a muslim only hotel so why not offer your non muslim guests the option to eat pork, bacon etc? During our stay the vast majority of guests were white/westerners - not that that means they are not muslims but most probably are not. Fantastic location and truly superb service. We are calling back there at the end of this trip and I know that it will be the perfect end of a great holiday.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sappers62

Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted to receive positive comments regarding our friendly and efficient staff, in particular Fundi, and I have thanked her personally.

As a global hospitality company, we serve as a meeting place for people from all walks of life.
In an effort to meet the needs of our diverse guests and the communities in which we operate, Hilton Cape Town City Centre provides a Halaal-friendly environment.

Two of our restaurants, Bistro 126 and Mezbaan have been certified as Halaal by SANHA (South African National Halaal Authority)

I hope that this did not negatively affect your stay and that you were still able to create magical memories in Cape Town. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.