Hilton Cape Town City Centre
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
$193
$144
Agoda.com
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
$150
$130
Hotels.com
The PortsWood(Cape Town Central)
$192
$150
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
$242
$209
Westin.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$76
$68
  • Bar/Lounge
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$207
$240
$227
Travelocity
  • Pool
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
$719
$676
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$330
$305
Hotels.com
1,438 results
All reviewsthe executive loungetable mountainbo kaapfree shuttleconcierge stafflong streetsignal hillbedroom suiteshuttle servicemini barthe hotel offerswater frontcomfortable staycentral locationwaterfront areacamps baysouth africa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 1, 2011

We chose the Hilton Capr Town purely because we could redeem HHonors points for a free stay but overall we were very impressed.

Upon check in (at c.12noon) we were informed that out HHonors diamond status meant they were upgrading us to a two bed room suite. We were pleased that the room was ready as we'd just arrived from the UK.

The suite was huge, two double bed rooms, two bathrooms, a large living and dining area. Very comfortable but as we were only in the city a short time we didn't really spend that long in the room.

The location of the hotel suited us very well and we never felt unsafe walking to Long Street and the surrounding area a few blocks away, even at night. The hotel offers hourly shuttles to the waterfront but it is less that 50Rand in a taxi if you aren't in sync with the shuttle as we often weren't. The HOHO bus passes right outside the hotel which is very useful for sightseeing.

The Executive Lounge is on the ground floor and we found the breakfast selection good but the evening snacks a little limited. The Lounge was very quite when ever we used it which was great for an efficient breakfast but meant the atmosphere in the evenings was bit lacking. On one evening the only other party was a group of American business people who were holding a meeting which we almost felt part of they were talking so loudly. Not really the hotel's fault!

We didn't have time to try the hotel pool or any of the restaurants but for our purpose it was just fine.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
MarkusFritz, General Manager at Hilton Cape Town City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2011

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your comments posted. I am very happy that you enjoyed our central location and Waterfront shuttle service.

Upgrading you was our pleasure and I am delighted that you enjoyed the spacious and comfortable two bedroom suite.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Compliments of the season.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

I've stayed Hilton properties in New York, Chicago, San Francisco as well as other comparable brands such as Westin Sheraton and Hyatt in dozens of major cities and none of those came remotely close to the level of service provided at the Hilton Cape Town. By the second or third day of my stay I was greeted by name by some of the staff I had interacted with the days before. Concierge staff (Mark esp) were extremely knowledgeable and helpful in ensuring that I enjoyed my stay.

Im not sure if I was supposed to have access to the executive lounge but I was directed there by staff as a Silver HHonors member so when i inquired I was given access. The lounge was a great product offering with a good continental breakfast and then snacks and complementary cocktails in the evening.

The location if the hotel is ok, I had no difficulty walking solo in the vicinity at night aside from having to brush off a few persistent beggers within a few blocks, but I felt safe at the hotel. The shuttle to/from the waterfront is also very convenient.

The rooms were nicely appointed with both a tub and a nice walk in shower and beds were extremely comfortable. Im not sure what star rating they advertise, but the hotel surpassed every 4-star I have ever stayed in and in terms of dollars, it was also cheaper! So in terms of service and value I would certainly not hesitate to stay there again, or refer friends/family.

Room Tip: Try for a room facing table mountain
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights recently. Hotel is in the CBD, about 8 mins drive from VA waterfront. Hotel does provide a complimentary hourly shuttle from 9 am till 6 pm.Room was of a good size with a good view of table mountain. Staff excellent. Food very good and reasonably priced for a 4/5 star hotel. The Indian restaurant is particularly good.
Negatives:
Need to get taxi if you want to go anywhere after 6 pm (about 40-50 Rand to the waterfront) since it is not really safe to walk after dark near the hotel.
Sheets were dirty and werent changed properly.

Overall, very good place to stay in capetown and good if you get one of their deals which we did. If they provided the complimentary shuttle for longer, this would be perfect place to stay in cape town.

Room Tip: Higher floors- ask for a room overlooking the table mountain.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the view from your hotel room as well as our spacious bedrooms. It is good to know that you found our meals reasonably priced and your compliments on our Indian food have been relayed to the Chef.

Please accept my sincere apologies for lapse in service offered by our Housekeeping department. We do value your feedback and will take the necessary steps to prevent this from happening again.

Your positive comments regarding our friendly staff is appreciated and have been relayed to my team.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Compliments of the Season.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Nice Hotel with large and modern rooms and a very nice bathroom. The staff was very friendly although we had the feeling that the concierge did not really now much about good restaurants in the area. He send us to a very touristic Africa Mama one where half of the hotel was. The food wasnt good. He altough told us that the region is safe, but someone tried to rob us during lunch time 200m next to the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our property.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed our modern room decor and spacious bathrooms. Your positive feedback regarding our friendly staff is appreciated and have been relayed to my team.

Please accept my apologies for service related shortcomings by our Concierge desk. This has been communicated to the relevant Head of Department who will address accordingly.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Compliments of the Season.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stayed here on a special sale rate while in town for a convention and I couldn't have been more pleased. The rate was considerably better than what I was quoted for other hotels closer to the conference center and I was initially concerned as it was a bit farther away. However, I felt safe walking approximately 15 minutes downhill to the CTICC during the day and a taxi was reasonable to ride back. The waterfront shuttle also acommodated me in drop offs to the CTICC after scheduled trips when the times aligned.

We arrived after more than 24 hours in transit and were upgraded to an executive room and provided wi-fi and access to the executive lounge for the entirety of our weeklong stay. The daily executive breakfast included cold and hot choices and the lounge staff remembered our drink orders and had my latte ready each morning just as I arrived. The offerings were plentiful but the same each day. We also enjoyed evening hors d'ourves and drinks a few evenings in the lounge.

We also enjoyed a nearby Cape Malay restaurant a few blocks up Wale street into Bo Kap where the prices were extremely reasonable and the food tasty as well.

Overall, this hotel was an amazing value for the rate paid and I would come back to the Hilton time and again when I am in Cape Town. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Executive room was great, though a smallish desk.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business