“Terrific tour guides in Cape Town”

Discovery Tours - Day Tours
Beijing, China
“Terrific tour guides in Cape Town”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Yaseen and Tania are the best tour guides I have ever met. Their great effort has made my Cape Town trip unforgettable. I can feel that they really love this city and enjoy what they are doing from our three-day tours. In fact, this is my second time in Cape Town. In this trip, Yaseen has shown us some diffirent places. Even in the same place, I have seen different views due to his great advice. For example, Yaseen led us to a place where we can see the back of Table Mountain with lots of people surfing. For the Cape Point, he suggested us to go to the top of the hill to get a bird's-eye view of Cape Point. If I had another trip to Cape Town in the future, I would definetly use them again and I would like to recommend my friend to use them as well. D Zhong

Shanghai, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful experience with a wonderful tour company”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had a great time in Cape Town many thanks to Yanseen and Tania's tour company.

We were a large group of 7 people. Before the trip, I emailed around 3-4 companies. Discovery is the one with fatest response and one of the best price. Originally we agreed to a price for a group of 9. Unforturnately two friends could not make in the end. But the company did not change the price.

We had a three-day tour of Cape Town. Yansee and Tania designed a good route for us. They were extremely nice. When I was kind of cheated by a local shop staff for buying 10 stamps although my intention was to buy only two, Yanseen bought the rest of 8 stamps and said he could use them in the future. When we had dinner at Camps Bay, Yansee offered to pick us up after dinner although the tour meant to end before the dinner.

If anyone goes to Cape Town, Discovery is highly recommended. A good guide can definitely add color to the trip!

Oakland, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Loved these Guides and their Tours”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

In early January we made our first trip to Cape Town and used Discovery Tours for two and a half days of sightseeing with Yaseen and Tania. We did day tours of the Cape Peninsula and of the wine lands and a half day of Cape Town. They are excellent guides who have grown up in the area and are knowledgeable about the history and all the special features that come with it. They were a great help in designing the tours to be unique and personalized to us and working within our schedule and interests. Everything was top level, from the van we traveled in, to their delightful mix of professionalism and heart. Yaseen gave us an inside view of Cape Town and on our trip to the Cape Peninsula he gave us a wonderful and illuminating view of the stunning beaches and geographical landmarks as well as an introduction to the history of the area . When we went to the wine lands Tania chose a restaurant which we enjoyed so much we are still talking about it. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wonderful and enjoyable way to enjoy this special part of the world. Chose them and forget the red bus.

London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Two excellent tours”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We had the pleasure of both Yaseen and Tania's company on two private tours just before Christmas. Both were fantastic personalised days out. They both love their city and share their enthusiasm for all things good and bad that Cape Town has to offer. If you are thinking of a tour...invest in a private one. If you are choosing a private tour....look no further. We will be back with the family next year!!

Visited December 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Full day around Cape Point”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Tania took me on a great day trip around to Cape Point. Being a solo traveler on the margins of a business trip, it was a relief to have such a knowledgeable and engaging companion for the day. We saw all the highlights, and she catered the itinerary around my interests. She even bought me some small souvenirs along the way! I would definitely arrange a future trip with Tania and hope I have the opportunity to do that.

2 Thank CoreyAH