“Great family restaurant”

Meloncino
Ranked #42 of 1,163 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Meloncino – Ristorante, Bar, Pizzeria Italiano. Experience authentic Italian cuisine in Cape Town. Meloncino Restaurant opened at the V&A Waterfront, bringing a genuine Italian flavour to our shores. The modern and stylish decor creates an eclectic European vibe where one can sip cocktails and snack on canapes, nuts and olives. As someone suggested, “Close your eyes and you could be in Rome.” Open your eyes and you face the magnificent Table Mountain, as seen from the comfort of one of Meloncino’s white sofas. Expect home-made pasta with authentic Italian sauces, steaks and seafood from their charcoal grill, traditional wood-fired pizza and an extensive menu to choose from. In order to stay faithful to the original, various ingredients like cheese, coffee and wine are imported from Italy. Buon appetito!
London, United Kingdom
“Great family restaurant”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We visited Cape Town for the first time and stayed in the Waterfront. This restaurant was recommended to us by a friend. My family and I had a great time. The food was great; the service was friendly and very professional.

• Visited April 2014

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Dinner with Family”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Brilliant - Need I say more. aromas of Italian spices drifting in the air. Ambience great. and those potato crisps - Priceless.
Staff all round good. And always a friendly manager around to check if all in order

Visited April 2014
Pistoia
“One of my favourite in the world”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot for work and typically my clients bring me to Italian restaurants.
you can image that for me, Italian, to have lunch or dinner in Italian restaurant outside Italy is not the best......
So, I would like to suggest you this restaurant because the flavour are really close and perfect balance like in Italy. You can ask "cofaccina" and add very crispy, will be fantastic.
Ask to Alberto, the owner, which dish he suggest. Follow him and you will be satisfy.

Visited April 2014
“Best Italian on the V&A waterfront”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the restaurant but it was full, the hostes was so welcoming she recommended u ls to take a seat at the sofas looking into the water front have a drink and a table will be ready soon! Now that's professional!
We my kids ordered a pizza, it was an amazing thin crust pizza best ever had!
My wife ordered the ossobuco, although she had to wait a while for it but it was a very reach dish with lots of flavors and mouthwatering, I had an amazing risotto with vegetables, it was so fresh and you could almost feel the taste of each vegetables and yet cooked so well with a nice bottle if Pinot Noir off course South African!
The place was packed with guest enjoying their evening with real Italian food and at the end Paolo the manager offered us a lemon Chello for digestive! A true Italian experience, I would really recommend this restaurant with its friendly service as owner walks around to make sure each and every guest receives the best service! Now that's what I call A real Italian Culture in gastronomy! Well done.

Malaga, Spain
“A good italian restaurant at the waterfront”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

We both had a pasta dish and the best thing was that we could taste the olive oil with which they were cooked!! Delicious!!