“Great food & lovely location”
Review of Meloncino

Meloncino
Ranked #43 of 1,196 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Meloncino – Ristorante, Bar, Pizzeria Italiano. Experience authentic Italian cuisine in Cape Town. Meloncino Restaurant opened at the V&A Waterfront, bringing a genuine Italian flavour to our shores. The modern and stylish decor creates an eclectic European vibe where one can sip cocktails and snack on canapes, nuts and olives. As someone suggested, “Close your eyes and you could be in Rome.” Open your eyes and you face the magnificent Table Mountain, as seen from the comfort of one of Meloncino’s white sofas. Expect home-made pasta with authentic Italian sauces, steaks and seafood from their charcoal grill, traditional wood-fired pizza and an extensive menu to choose from. In order to stay faithful to the original, various ingredients like cheese, coffee and wine are imported from Italy. Buon appetito!
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had an afternoon pit-stop & lovely evening meal during our time in Cape Town. The location perched above the marina area is fab. The food was very good & like most of South Africa reasonably priced.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,079)

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was in Capetwon for 4 nights after climbing Kilimanjaro...I ate here twice and had cocktails here a third time. The wine selection is extensive and informative with great descriptions of each wine, the menu is fabulous and hte food was always superb, they have an awesome view of hte Harbor (and blankets if you get cold while the glass doors are open!!!! A major plus as I am tired of restaurants freezing me out either naturally or artificially- although once the sun has set and the doors are closed, I no longer needed the plush blanket). I recommend it wholeheartedly- even though I was alone, I never felt lonely or out of place here.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I ended up at Meloncino after hiking Table Mountain...cold and hungry. We had such a great dinner there, we went back the next evening. The best Bucatini a la Matriciana I've had other than my own.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Meloncino is on the first floor of the V & A mall overlooking the harbour. Great atmosphere (some may say noisy) Good service and well cooked food.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The restaurant is settled in the Waterfront at the second level with a great view of the harbour! The food was to die for and service with a smile!