“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Went to Uitsig as friends from overseas asked me to take them to the best in Cape Town. Ambience was mediocre. Food good but not exceptional. Plate of calamari with no garnish, veg or potatoes. Those drinking champagne had lots of attention but noting for guest drinking soft drinks.

1  Thank Jacqui S
There are newer reviews for Constantia Uitsig

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Their 2010 Chardonnay is the best in the Constantia Winelands!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Well, at the premiums they were asking for a two course, and a bottle of wine, I was definitely in the market for a Special experience. The place was beautiful, and steeped with history, and memorabilia, and I'm rather glad I went in the afternoon, as going single in the evening might prove to be a little weird - the place has a serious air of gravity to it. But the beautiful afternoon, and the wine tasting I had before going to Uitsig helped in making the afternoon seem glorious indeed. I had duck, and in my mind duck is a hard thing to get right, especially keeping it moist, but the duck I had at Uitsig was stupendous. I will definitley like to go back with my girl, but not at night.

1  Thank Gallin M
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We live down the road from Uitsig and have visited many times. The service is always good as is the food. Having said that I think the restaurant is better for summer than winter as the charm of the place lies in the exterior elements.
And the interior needs a re vamp - its a little austere and lacks atmosphere with a clientele which is largely the wrong side of 40 (Including me!). This is no doubt partly because of the cost and the very expensive wine prices. A shame since they have their own vineyards.

1  Thank lynton1
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Set in the beautiful Constantia Uitsig Estate, you will discover the unique 5 Star Hotel with it's Health Spa frequented by discerning globe trotters, a famous cricket pitch, three renowned restaurants: La Colombe, Constantia Uitsig and Spaanschemat River Cafe with wine tasting and sales. I was thrilled by the professionally run stables accommodating the most charming thoroughbred horses