I should have written this ages ago, as I've forgotten details now, but all I can really say is we started off our honeymoon here with two nights in June, and after a 13-hour overnight flight from London, landing at about 8am, we could not have been more warmly and caringly greeted, and more super-relaxed the minute we entered our room.
Our stay was very short, in the middle of winter, in a virtually empty hotel and we felt like royalty. Beautiful hotel, and the friendliest, most courteous and professional staff I've encountered (well, except for our second S.A. hotel, which I'll review later ;) )
Staff never looked bored or lazy - if there were no guests to take care off, glasses were carefully polished at the bar, or research done for guests currently seeing the city but returning later. One of the (senior?) staff, Blessing, really lived up to his name, and the girl who greeted us at the reception desk at 8:30 am welcomed us like old friends.
We had two massages in the spa and the treatment, once again, was top notch. View of table mountain from the spa and view of Lion's Head from our room. The room was beautifully appointed with the most fantastic and interesting bathroom.
On our second night the hotel was taken over by some big whisky company I currently forget the name of (Jim Beam perhaps) for a corporate promotion hooley, with a sudden influx of several hundred extra guests and a swarming foyer, at staff attutude and behaviour never altered a smidge towards any guest. No request was too small or too big.
There was a bit of a problem with our DVD player, and a guy from maintenance came up straight away to fix it, and when he couldn't it was promptly replaced.
Ok, so I'm not great at this reviewing malarky (it's my first time ;)) and I must sound like some kind of frothing shill, but I cannot say enough good things about the staff at this hotel. We were simply made feel so at home, we were so spoiled and looked after in the gentlest, least intrusive way. And any staff member we interacted with responded in kind to our often slightly wacky sense of humour. Real, genuine people, who entered the hospitality industry to provide hospitality and service, and deserve much respect and gratitude from those on whom they wait hand and foot.
We promised faithfully to return, and we will. Don't know when, 10th anniversary possibly, but I think I can safely say that I won't stay anywhere else in Cape Town. They set our honeymoon off absolutely perfectly.
Oh, I should probably also add that the food was very, very good, from cheese melt sandwich at lunch, to dinner in Sinatra's, to breakfast in the morning. Nyom! (and we're big foodies)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bound by Loop, Long, Pepper and Bloem Street, Pepperclub Hotel & Spa is situated in the heart of bustling Cape Town and at the foot of renowned Table Mountain and Lions Head. The hotel not only offers the ideal location, but also five star comfort and personalised service to suit the needs of both leisure and business travellers. Inspired by New York's chic interiors, the hotel consists of 210 generously appointed suites, all of which include spectacular views of Cape Town. Facilities at the hotel include, among others, the intimate Odeon cinema, a fully-equipped gymnasium and a swimming pool with panoramic views. Cayenne Spa, tucked away on the 8th floor of the hotel, offers sanctuary for guests with its modern aura and eclectic menu of modern treatments. Located on the ground floor is Pepperclub's exclusive Paparazzi Bar & Lounge and in-house restaurant, Sinatra's, which combines a stylish and modern setting with a menu inspired by European continental cuisine. The hotel also offers guests scheduled complimentary shuttles to the V&A Waterfront and Camps Bay, home to one of South Africa's most beautiful and picturesque beachfronts. It is here that you will also find our beach club facilities. Hotel guests will have exclusive VIP access to the beach club's showers, private lockers and changing and restroom facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Pepperclub Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pepper Club Luxury Hotel And Spa
- Pepper Club Luxury Hotel Cape Town Central
- Pepperclub Hotel & Spa Cape Town, South Africa