Careless owner is one thing but the list of totally unacceptable conditions and things which happened during our stay are shocking.
From totally dirty floors, feet were black after one walk from the bathroom to the bed, to no electricity due to pre paid electricity meters in the rooms.
After our first night we got back to the room in the late afternoon and found the linen had not been changed – absolute no go! My friends staying at the same room waited 3 hrs for a hairdryer, besides having a not fully functioning TV, which does only allow you to view an absolute minimum of channels.
At the breakfast room we could see staff helping themselves at the buffet, cleaning out the bacon tray. No fresh cutlery on the tables nor does the coffee taste any good.
Our first room after the initial complain had wet carpets in the bedroom, after which we had plumbers walking through the room for 30min – with dirty shoes – oh please don’t think that housekeeping came to clean afterwards.
We were then “upgraded” where the fun continued.
Wanting to order an item from the room service menu at 15:00 in the afternoon, I was told that a breakfast Bagel with scrambled egg – sadly would not be possible – having said so, its an item on the room service menu not restricted to breakfast hours.
After a discussion with the owner and manager, I was told: “nothing I can do about it”
To end this shocking experience, the power was off in the entire building from 07:30 in the morning to approx.. 11:00 - no lights, no hairdryer, no breakfast etc .. how can you book out rooms knowing that the city of Cape Town will be working on your electricity supply, completing maintenance work! Never knew I had to stay at a hotel and sit in the dark while being on the toilet – sorry my language but this was the worse ever experience! Staying more than 180 days a year in different hotels around the world – I may say that at my current stay in Shanghai, without any issue it was possible for me to order hot breakfast in the middle of the night and even shower with lights in my bathroom.
I certainly am very difficult when it comes to service and hotels but lets be honest there are limits and this has crossed the boarder!
Absolute shocking service – poor employees!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally & conveniently located in trendy De Waterkant Village in Greenpoint, just 20 min from Cape Town International Airport & moments away from the hussle & bussle of Cape Town CBD, The V&A Waterfront & some of the trendiest shopping & dining venues.Offering an enticing blend of contemporary urban style & inner-city excitement, surrounded by the natural beauty for which Cape Town is famous. Comprising 39 two-bedroom apartments, 17 one-bedroom apartments & 3 lavish penthouses – all boasting separate bedrooms & bathrooms, fully-equipped kitchens & a generous lounge area, allowing for self-catering entertainment within a chic urban setting. Outdoor entertaining is equally attractive, with private balconies affording magnificent views of Table Mountain, Signal Hill, Fan Park & the Cape Town harbour.The new state-of-the-art conference facilities are ideal for large events to intimate board meetings. Equipped with modern data projectors & Wi-Fi.Additional features include: Bar Lounge, Restaurant,Gym & wellness area, heated indoor pool, health & beauty treatment suite, 24hr security & undercover parking.The Rockwell All Suite Hotel & Apartments truly is your home away from home… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Rockwell All Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockwell All Hotel Cape Town Central
- Rockwell All Suite Hotel Cape Town, South Africa