This hotel was recommended to us by "Winners", when I was looking for a family-sized follow-up week to an international education conference we attended in Cape Town in July. This is a seven floor venue with a mix of longterm apartment renters and suite-hotel-guests, in a pleasant, clean, secure and friendly environment. It is well-located in proximity to the new Cape Town Conference Centre, and five minutes from each of the the popular Victoria and Alfred Waterfront area and the gardens linking Parliament and Museums. It is in a renovated older district, with nearby theatre, shopping, and restaurants. A "Pick and Pay" and well-stocked "SPAR" are only steps from the the hotel, and provide a great selection for full benefit of the kitchen area of the suite which is very clean, with modern appliances and a set of good dishes, cutlery, glassware and cookware.
We had a two -bedroom suite which included a large living-kitchen area, easy for either family activities or to entertain guests. There was a good size balcony with access from the living area and main bedroom, with good security bolts. The master bedroom was a good size, with large en-suite including both shower stall and bath.; The second bedroom was small, but also had en-suite with bath and both had good cupboard space. There was also a third "powder room" with toilet and sink, and the rooms were well laid out. Beds and good pillow selection were comfortable, and the heating/cooling system works well with individual room controls. The only reason I marked the "sleep quality" down one notch, is recognition of the lively weekend evenings on Prestwich Streets that bring some noise into the main bedroom. However, the second bedroom is on the side of an indoor court are, and is quiet. I expect the "dockyard" side of the building may be quieter as well.
It is a great value for cost . In addition to the suite amenities noted above, there is a very good buffet breakfast (with freshly cooked oatmeal on request), plus a spa, indoor pool, small travel desk to arrange tours and flexible and prompt excellent room cleaning. There is "house transport" whether around town or to the airport which ranges from complimentary to the Waterfront or short hopes, to reasonable. Taxis are quickly available as well and can be arranged by the hotel. Hotel staff are competent, friendly and sincere, and the hotel is small enough to be known by name by all . There is also an small in-house restaurant, room service menue to 10 lpm, and underground parking (additional 50 rand), and conference faciltiies for up to 60 guests.
The configuration of the Rockwell is fascinating, as the suites centre around 7 floors of what is essentially a courtyard, with safe, wide and bright, plant-decorated "walkways" under a large skylight.
Our room rate for the two bedroom suite was less than $200 Canadian including breakfast and we were delighted with the value for downtown Cape Town.
I will try and add some photos, but don't always have luck with my transfer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally & conveniently located in trendy De Waterkant Village in Greenpoint, just 20 min from Cape Town International Airport & moments away from the hussle & bussle of Cape Town CBD surrounded by the natural beauty for which Cape Town is famous. Comprising 29 two-bedroom apartments, 16 one-bedroom apartments & 8 penthouses – all boasting separate bedrooms & bathrooms, fully-equipped kitchens & a generous lounge area, allowing for self-catering entertainment within a chic urban setting. Outdoor entertaining is equally attractive, with private balconies affording magnificent views of Table Mountain, Signal Hill, Fan Park & the Cape Town harbour. The new conference facilities are ideal for large events to intimate board meetings. Equipped with modern data projectors & Wi-Fi. Additional features include: Bar Lounge, Restaurant,Gym, heated indoor pool, 24hr security & undercover parking. The Rockwell All Suite Hotel & Apartments truly is your home away from home… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Rockwell All Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockwell All Hotel Cape Town Central
- Rockwell All Suite Hotel Cape Town, South Africa