“Fabulous 2bed suite”

African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel
Ranked #48 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I am a prokard gold member and was lucky enough to be upgraded on arrival to a fabulousness 2 bed suite with table mountain views. I was only in the city for the day so. The room was for day use only but it was spectacular.

The suite was huge with full kitchen, large dining area and lounge as well as a large terrace with table mountain views.

Service was excellent and I ate a burger which was very good.

The hotel is at the edges of the city centre close to long street so slightly away from the waterfront area but this was not essential for my visit.

Some of the regular rooms have interior only views so if this is not to your liking ensure you pay for a higher room catagory.

Room Tip: Avoid the interior rooms
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear p750777

Thank you for providing us with your positive feedback and as a loyal prokard holder, it was our pleasure to assist with the upgrade to a two bedroomed suite.

We are delighted to receive your commendations about the impressive service offered and I will congratulate our TEAM for doing a good job!

Your interest and loyalty are truly invaluable to us.

We look forward to welcoming you to African Pride 15 on Orange Hotel again soon!

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I was impressed by the rooms and the lobby. We stayed at room 303 which was bigger than the average rooms

Each floor had different themes so a little research will go a long. It was in the middle of everything when we visited Capetown. I will definitely come back to this hotel if we revisit Capetown 4.5/5

• Stayed: December 2013
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear sheymoure ,

Thank you for your review and for staying at African Pride 15 on Orange hotel.

“Must stay boutique hotel” is definitely a great way to describe the look and feel of the hotel. I am glad that our location right in the city was beneficial to your stay in Cape Town.

We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a wonderful 2 days at the 15 on orange hotel and were welcomed and looked after by a very professional team

Great breakfast each morning with extensive choice of fruits / pastries and breads / yoghurt and fish - cooked food was fresh and delicious

Good spa and treatment choices tho Boys disappointed rooftop pool closed due to wind

Parking a bonus and location perfect for district 6, kloof street and company's gardens - V&A walkable in 20 mins

Try Emily's restaurant in kloof for amazing dining and royal eatery on long street for the best burgers and shakes!

Would return and highly recommend!

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear WoodsFamilyEdinburgh,

Thank you for your words of appreciation about your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted to receive your compliments and we will certainly congratulate the TEAM for their exemplary service.

It was our pleasure to accommodate you, and your interest and loyalty are truly invaluable to us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I cannot get my mind around this hotel. I used to live in Cape Town, so locating it was fairly straightforward but I suspect non-Capetonians may struggle a little bit. And then there's the "entrance". One enters via a side street and parks around the back. Nothing unusual about that, but once inside the building is where the fun really begins. Coming from the parking basement, one enters a virtually unlit staircase until reaching the concierge. From there, one requires to take another lift with a really strange, massive padded seat inside it. This takes you to the reception area. Checkin was faultless and I have to say the staff were all extremely friendly, courteous and efficient. But the passageways are very dimly lit and counter-intuitive. Rooms are huge and enjoyable but the decor is vulgar and will date very quickly. Long Street is within easy walking distance. as is the town centre, so its positioning is really very good. I didn't eat at all in the hotel so cannot comment on F&B.
I really want to like this place and yet cannot quite do so. In my humble opinion, it would benefit greatly from much more natural light in the passageways and the reception should be at street level.

2  Thank Chris G
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Chris G

Thank you for providing us with your feedback.I am delighted to hear how friendly the staff were upon check in and we are looking into the dimly lit staircase.
Your interest and concern are therefore extremely valuable to us, and we hope that you will be staying with us again soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed at 15 on Orange for a midweek break in November!! It was absolutely amazing, the hotel rooms were absolutely suberb and the whole experience mind blowing!!
The interior are magic and decorated beyond my expectations. The food and service was World Class!!

One thing is for sure I am going back!!

Room Tip: Room with a view to the mountain
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Sandra S

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback after your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to receive your commendations about the impressive service offered and the hotel design. Please be assured that I will congratulate our TEAM for doing a great job!

We look forward to welcoming you back to 15 on Orange hotel!

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is real luxury hotel! a working distance to the Market, National Library and Iziko Museum and famous Long Street hotspots. The a la carte meals at the restaurant are tasteful but the service is a bit slow between meals. The breakfast buffet has ample variety and lots of opulent seating space. The rooms are real 5**** adorned by beautiful glass Art works. the lighting on the corridors is a bit to dark for my liking but assume it is the trend. Downside! the hotel still bears a sign for Gym but the gym is non existent and you have to visit the nearby Virgin Active, of which the hotel is prepared to drive you there (this discovered when I was looking up and down for the gym). Overall experience is excellent and value for money. My hotel of choice in Cape Town I f you want to explore the CBD.

Room Tip: no preference
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Koki80

Dear Koki80

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay and
would like to apologise for the slow service in the restaurant. We will address the issue immediately to ensure our GUESTS receive only the best service at all times.

I am sorry to hear that you were not informed about the gym being under construction but next year we will have our newly renovated gym availible for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Real wow factor throughout the building, inside and out, from reception, through the lobby, bar and restaurant, to the lifts and rooms. Great views of table mountain, usually covered with its table cloth :(
Unfortunately, that sets an expectation for the service that the staff do not universally meet - some are very good, all are friendly and helpful, but there were a few clunks, like not working out that my wife and I were in one room and our daughter in another - she didn't mind getting two chocolates every night, but they were a bit grown up for her taste :(
Also got some dodgy direction to the Robben Island boat, but got a lot of help getting a booking for restaurants.
Only ate in once in three days, for breakfast on the first morning, enough said, agree with other comments about buffet, good but not as good as you expect.
Don't get me wrong, this is a very good hotel, especially if you get a good rate, but I think it still needs to lift its game to get full marks.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Chuff_J

We welcome your feedback regarding your recent stay at 15 on Orange Hotel.
Your concerns about the service are most certainly not the standard which we strive for. Please accept my sincere apologies and I can assure you that this has been addressed with the TEAM.
Regarding our breakfast buffet please note that there is also an option of ala carte menu which might be of more satisfaction .
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and that we can make up for the shortcomings of this stay.