“Great hotel in the city”

African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel
Ranked #38 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Glens Falls, New York
“Great hotel in the city”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Great hotel with a very friendly staff. A distance from the waterfront but good location to take day tours. Do not eat dinner at hotel (just ok) restaurant but breakfast buffet and the bar is good. Rooms are super with great views and lots of room. Unique decor. We really enjoyed our stay here. We stayed here and did day tours and then moved to the waterfront for a couple days there.

Room Tip: Book escorted day tours instead wandering around on your own. Your TA can set these up ahead of tim...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Mangocatpurring,

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at African Pride15 on Orange Hotel.
GUEST feedback is imperative for us to ensure whether or not we are meeting and exceeding our GUESTS' expectations. We need to know when we have done right, but more importantly, when we have done wrong!
Y

With best regards,

Douglas Allen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
mashhad
Reviewed July 30, 2013

we stayed for 7 nights from 26th march.the lobby and other facilities were very nice.upon check in we were upgraded and our room was no 430 we could not be more impressed.the view of the table mountain from our room and the quality of the room is however excellent,bathroom is huge and impressive.there is free high-speed wireless internet in the hotel.the concierge staff are so friendly and helpful and will even drive you to wherever you want to go(in the hotel car of course for a reasonable fee)we were always greeted with a smile and it seemed like no concierge member was ever too much in a hurry to go out of their way to help us.be ware phone call is very expensive.however the stay was ruined by one thing:we ate breakfast in the hotel each morning for one week.in summary the hotel itself is certainly 5 star,however the service levels in breakfast are no where near that,seemed too many staff not quite sure what to do,a number of other guests at the breakfast time were complaning a bout the service in the restaurant,breakfast staff just havent been trained properly.we waited almost 15 minutes for coffee,the service was slow,dirty plates were not collected and everything asked has to be repeated more than once and the answers came very slowly with lack of interest in helping us and no eye contact what so ever.all in all we did not enjoy our breakfast and the big reason was staff specially one of staff her name was FEZE,we were forced to face with her every morning for having breakfast at the restaurant,she realized herself as a south african representative for miss world competition,so rude and selfish,she really had problems with listening to us or she has simply made her mind up about ignoring people eating breakfast.shame on you

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank hamidrezamonshizadeh
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear hamidrezamonshizadeh,

Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments pertaining to your recent stay at African Pride 15 on Orange Hotel.

On behalf of African Pride Hotels, I would like to humbly apologise for your disappointing experience.

We would like to assure you that we, at African Pride Hotels, pride ourselves in delivering the best GUEST service and strive to get the basics right consistently. Your experience does not reflect the high standard we are usually proud to offer.

I confirm therefore that your concerns are being addressed in a serious light and that action is being taken to rectify any shortcomings in our service and facilities.

Many thanks again for your comments and we look forward to welcome you back to 15 on Orange Hotel when next you visit Cape Town. We should welcome another opportunity to show you African Pride Hospitality at its best!

Kind regards,

Johannesburg
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Arrived late Monday night after a long day battling airlines, (Mango, yech, and shame on you for breaking into my suitcase,) and after a small disruption with the GPS, drove into the quiet and unobtrusive main entrance. I was immediately warmly welcomed by a burly guard with a French accent, who, it turned out, was from the Congo, and I felt better straight away. Fasseg then welcomed me at the concierge's desk while he explained that the main reception was up one floor, and that my car would be taken care of for free. We got into a lift with a big gold sofa in it - just in case I needed to rest - and the beautiful Reception area was really impressive. Literally within seconds the check-in process was complete, (perhaps because I was a delegate rather than a private guest,) and it was followed by a quick and friendly tour of the facilities until the lift, where Faseeg was waiting for me.

The room was beautiful, although I couldn't really see the view since it was late. However, a couple of minutes later I noticed that there was no loo paper and no large towels. My welcome was so warm that I couldn't really gight, but the GM arrived at my door personally a few minutes later, said there had been a technical mistake, apologised profusely and asked if they could move me to another room. Again, quick as a flash, everything was taken care of, and that was the last problem I had over the next five days.

The next morning I saw what a beautiful view I had of Table Mountain, and had a great cup of coffee and some really nice biscuits supplied by the hotel. On arrival at the conference centre, there was a breakfast buffet beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. The staff were all great, but Sammy and Jeremy really stood out, as did the techie Adrian. (It's unfair to just pick out these three because all of the staff were attentive and friendly and responsive.) As usual, someone with an Apple computer had changed all the setting on the AV equipment, but the team sorted me out and showed me how to work everything. The wireless internet access was superb and free!

Once I had verything ready for my presentation, I popped out to meet the delegates, who were all commenting on how great everything was. One lady mentioned that she didn't want anything with glutens, and they bought her the most delicious looking cucumber slices with salmon and cream and caviar on top. I was really tempted to steal one because they looked so good! But she also never had to mention it again as every morning and lunchtime there was something special for her.

Needless to say, the next few days went without a hitch, the breakfasts and lunches were delicious and well presented, the staff incredibly helpful, and the spirit of the hotel was generous. Nothing was too much trouble, and on one day we had a guest speaker in a wheelchair, so I asked if they could give me permission to get a few young men on the conference to move the classroom style seating into a semi-circle for that one presentation. They refused to let us do the work, and then one of the ladies approached me an hour later to offer me another room right next door that had already been set up - at no additional cost. Wow!

I travel a lot around the world doing conferences, and this certainly has to be amongst my top three experiences in the last twenty years. Well done to all the managers and staff of 15 on Orange!

Room Tip: Don't forget to take advantage of the free car parking service. It really does make everything a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear AkiJohannesburg

I am delighted to hear that the STAFF were so friendly and efficient. Your commendations of Adrian, Sammy and Jeremy in particular are highly valued, and I wish to assure you that we have congratulated them for doing such an outstanding job!

GUEST feedback is imperative for us to ensure that we are meeting and exceeding our GUESTS’ expectations. Your comments are therefore much appreciated, and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you to 15 on Orange Hotel again soon.

Kind Regards,
South Africa
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We spent two nights at this hotel in July. It is a modern, classy hotel situated near the Company Gardens and House of Parliament. From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel welcome. The staff were friendly and helpful. They upgraded our room to a suite which was a real surprise. There was a turndown service and a chocolate on the pillow each evening.

The restaurant was fantastic. There is a good variety of food, which was perfectly cooked and beautifully served. The staff greeted us by name and when we checked out the following morning the waiter from the previous evening again greeted us by name.

I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear SouthAfricaTraveller,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel.

We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us at 15 on Orange Hotel and we are looking forward to welcome you back to 15 on Orange when next your travels take you to Cape Town.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel very modern and stylish, located in a convinient lication of Cape Town. It is within a short walk of Long Street and near restaurants. Has beatiful views of the city and Table Mountain.The bar has a beautiiful deck with large cushioned chairs. We stayed in one of the room on top floor (penthouse). The room had stunning facilities including a fully equiped kitchen and a dining area. The bathrooms are gorgeous, the shower is quite big with a rain showerhead. The bathroom has underfloor heating! The room had a large balcony, it would have been more useful if the balcony had loungers/chairs to sit on. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, I will certainly return for a much longer stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Fundiswa,

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at 15 on Orange Hotel.

Your interest and concern are therefore extremely valuable to us, and we hope that you will be staying with us again soon. We should welcome another opportunity to show you African Pride Hospitality at its best!

With best regards,

Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I booked a Deluxe Suite for 8 nights. The Hotel is very well located and the the design is also very appealing. I was a little disappointed with my room because it just had a little window in the bedroom and not really a view at anything (Very dark room where you can not feel like in Cape Town) I expected more of an Deluxe room for 8 nights.. Anyways still the room was spacious and it was clean and well decorated.

The main problem was with the service. First of all I had to remind the receptionist like 5 times out of 8 night (9days) that my room was not cleaned, it was already 3pm. of course I was disappointed with this. i dont know where the problem might have been. Do they dont have enough cleaning staff? It was annoying to ask again and again.

Well in general the staff seemed not to be trained and had lack of knowledge about customer service. Once during an afternoon with friend at the pool (roof) I ordered some food from the card and it took over an hour to deliver it. Well if they would have delivered the right one at least all would have been lees terrible.

Anyways I still think they can do better. Maybe I will return and try it again to see if those elementary things got better.

Room Tip: Well, try to get a room which has a balcony or a better view at the city or Table Mountain.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dario M
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Dario M,

Kind regards,

UK
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here on business (lucky me) and boy, this is a very nice hotel. The staff are fabulous - very friendly, smiley, helpful and welcoming. Rooms are wonderful, food is outstanding and it is 2 min walk from some 'spicy' nightlife of Long Street (be careful), and within 5 minutes drive of the cable car up Table Mountain. If you can wangle a mountain view, even better. There is a pool, not heated so in the winter is chilly, and a gym but it was out of action when we were there - but they had a free transfer to and free entry of a Virgin Active gym. Wonderful and glad I didn't have to pay!

Room Tip: Ask, no demand, a mountain view...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Chipmeister,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time spent at 15 on Orange Hotel and the welcoming service offered had met your expectations. Please be assured that I will congratulate our TEAM for doing a great job!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon when your travels next bring you to Cape Town.

Kind Regards,

Generall Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Town Central
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#31 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Cape Town Hollow
#39 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Taj Cape Town
#17 of 109 in Cape Town Central

Been to African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel? Share your experiences!