“Well Worth a Visit”

Ranked #36 of 106 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Pretoria, South Africa
“Well Worth a Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

The 15 On Orange stands out above the rest of the Cape Town Hotels in its class, the moment you enter the Hotel. The decor is fresh, new, distinctive and different. The rooms are modern, well appointed and big with a spacious bathroom.

I stayed on a two night business trip and did not have much to do with the staff as I had room service on both nights. Room service was excellent. Food was well prepared and delivered without any delays.

Free Internet! Hotel parking is in the Hotel and convenient.

I would have prefered an outside or external room facing the street or mountain. My room was an "inside" room overlooking the reception and lounge areas. You have a "glass" wall allowing others to see into your room as soon as the lights are turned on.

During my stay the lights in one of the lifts did not work. I did not know this and only realised this after I got into the lift and the lift doors closed. I had to navigate the control panel with the the light on my cell phone screen. I saw staff and others doing the same!

The sign posts in the lift says gym on the Upper Ground level but the hotel does not have a gym. Eventually located a treadmill and a bicycle on the sixth floor. Only the treadmill was working. One would have expected more from a "five" star Hotel.

Well worth the visit and will go back again. Good for business stays!

Room Tip: Ask for an external room!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank knowtel
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear knowtel

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at 15 on Orange Hotel and thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

We have noted your feedback with regards to the Gym equipment and elevator light, and are pleased to advise that we are in the process of updating our gym and the elevator light which is now in working order once again.

Many thanks again for your comments and we are looking forward to welcome you to 15 on Orange Hotel when next you visit Cape Town!

Douglas Allen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We booked via trip advisor's recommendation - it could not have been better. We walked into our enormous room and opened the drapes to see Table Mountain right in front of us. The price was incredible for such a great room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
durban
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We spent a pleasant weekend at this hotel. It is in a great location - close to Long Street, the V&A Waterfront etc. there are plenty of good eating places nearby. The decor is fresh and contemporary. We particularly enjoyed the coffee shop at the hotel. The only negative was the delay with check-in and the staff at the front desk seemed a bit rude. They were not apologetic either. But all in all it was a pleasant stay and I would stay there again should the opportunity arise.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
DouglasAllen, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear barbiedbn,

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at African Pride 15 on Orange Hotel.

On behalf of African Pride 15 on Orange Hotel, I would like to humbly apologise for delay in check in and the interaction you had with our receptionists, we are truly sad to hear about your experience. We would like to assure you that we at African Pride Hotels pride ourselves in delivering the best GUEST service and strive to get the basics right consistently. Your experience does not reflect the high standard we are usually proud to offer. I confirm therefore that your concerns are being addressed in a serious light and that action is being taken to rectify any shortcomings in our service.

We look forward to welcome you to African Pride 15 on Orange Hotel when next you travel to Cape Town.

Itasca, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

As a part of our Gate 1 tour of South Africa, we ended up in Cape Town for 5 nights. The Protea hotel that we were supposed to stay at was under construction so they relocated the tour to 15 on Orange, and am I ever so glad. It was by far the nicest hotel we have stayed at in South Africa. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooms are beautiful. I spent hours on top of the roof top admiring the gorgeous city. The location is wonderful, and all together a great experience. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
HeatherPoulsen, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at African Pride 15 on Orange Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
We look forward to welcome you back to African Pride 15 on Orange when next your travels take you to Cape Town.

Pretoria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

There is just something about this hotel which makes you feel at home the moment you step in. Perhaps its a combination of the warm staff, the fresh ambience, the clean look and the bright atrium. We had a superior room which in my opinion is more fitting as a suite since it had a separate living room and two tvs. The entire room design was a crisp modern look with mainly whites and some grey/red tones. It was just beautiful. The bathroom was one of the best I've seen (and I've been to world class 5 star - feel free to see other reviews). It was extremely well appointed, spacious, beautiful and oh so romantic with the lit up marble vanity. On a whole the room was just fantastic and so comfortable. I did not feel like leaving to go out and tour.

Staff were always diligent, friendly and happy to assist. A lot of attention paid to detail and this I think is a lot why I felt so at home. Even though we arrived well before check in time and naturally the rooms were not ready, reception invited us to have some complimentary coffee and snacks at the restaurant - a really nice touch.

I cannot praise this hotel any more as it has truly fulfilled all of my expectations as a 5 star property. Location is quite central, close to the city centre and Long Street, a great tourist and party-goer street. McDonalds, Nandos and other restaurants are all within walking distance. Max. 10 mins to V&A, 20 to Camps Bay and 25 to airport.

I will most certainly return to this hotel. In fact, I am already planning my next stay.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank thehotelhopper1
, General Manager at African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Valued GUEST,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel.

We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us at 15 on Orange Hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to 15 on Orange when next your travels take you to Cape Town.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stay in this hotel farly regularly for business and it's perfect for that purpose. Rooms are lodge and well specked. Saying that however I do find the communal areas to be quite unusual and personally not to my taste - Its the hotel that would be created if you asked Puff Daddy to design one!

It's a great place to stay if you're just looking for a bed etc but I'd say that there are far more special places to stay in Cape Tow if you're with family or friends.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear valued GUEST,

Thank you for taking the time to write down a review about your stay with us at African Pride, 15 on Orange Hotel.
We rely on GUEST feedback to determine both the positive and negative aspects of our hotel and to improve wherever possible.
Your interest and concern are therefore extremely valuable to us, and we hope that you will be staying with us again soon. We should welcome another opportunity to show you African Pride Hospitality at its best!

Yours sincerely,
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great place to stay in Cape Town. Room was spotless while also being cosy & had a fantastic view of table mountain! The Decor is modern & classy. The staff were friendly & attentive especially housekeeping however I had a bad experience when going to inquire about prices & on what was on offer in the spa... v.stern lady who obviously didn't feel she needed my custom. Went away feeling quite shaken actually! However that aside the restaurant had great variety & quality! Recommend the salmon starter! The bar was just a treat, loads of character and a fantastic cocktail list.
As for the location, great if you want the livliness & excitment of city life which I found stunning. Great shops around & other areas of interest such as the art gallery & museum & the company gardens are lovelly for a stroll!

Room Tip: Request a mountain view & avoid the spa- although I actually didn't get the chance to experi...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
City Bowl
Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel
Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel
#34 of 106 in Cape Town Central
Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marr...
#78 of 106 in Cape Town Central

Been to African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel? Share your experiences!