“once upon a time a great golf course”

Rondebosch Golf Course
Reviewed February 7, 2013

the layout of this course is great. nicely modulated, with lots of old trees. nice to play... BUT...
it's not the fault of the club, that the course is squeezed between mayor traffic roads with lots of noise.
but it's the clubs fault (poor management or lack of funds ?) that the fairways are more or less brown and definitely not nice to play. the greens on the other hand are fine and fast.
absolutely bad were the facilities. toilets were dirty and filthy.
so are many other parts of the clubhouse. the door from the restaurant to the kitchen was so dirty, that it would be a reason to close down the restaurant. (sorry to be so direct).
it's a shame for such a nice golf course - but, sorry, never again.

4  Thank pedrowei

Reviewed March 13, 2012

A world class course that will challenge even the low handicapper

Reviewed February 20, 2012

located 10 mins from the city centre. the golf course is in excellent condition. Well placed bunkers and many water features makes this golf course good for both low and high handicaps.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Great parkland course,situated very central. Great layout,fantastic and friendly staff.

Reviewed October 4, 2009

I played here in July, we were to be a two ball but I ended up on my own, with my wife caddying ish. Unfortunately the starting hole was the 10th and we were stuck behind a ladies competition. I have always found ladies at my club quick players, these ladies were not and it was pointed out to me very early on the 2nd (11th) tee in fact by a caddy. Mistake by the club really as I had asked 'could I have a tee time that ensures I can get round'. Anyway behind the ladies we stayed taking three hours.......yes three hours to play ten holes. Needless to say I could not play the last three holes as it was dark, nor could about twenty other golfers. It was so bad that Brian the director of Golf said I could have a free game next time I was in town. The key here is that the course had a marshall who should have identified the cause of the back up and dealt with it, slow golf is killing the game. Don't go on a Tuesday.

Anyway to the course which is set at the back of Table Mountain a stunning back drop although there is a nearby motorway and cooling towers in view. I thought the greens were great. and the front nine the pick of the two, the green fee was reasonable, and the staff very nice but see above. My favourite hole was the 18th short par 4 up the hill towards the mountain, make sure you know where you are going as it is quite tricky to get to.