After cold contact from a well-spoken and enticing sales rep for Hotel, I decided to test Hotel with one-night weekend stay. On arrival was most surprised to find no record of our booking, which for a 5 Star establishment was unacceptable. However the diligent duty manager not only sorted this delay out as effortlessly as possible, but for inconvience upgraded our room to 7th floor Table Mountain facing, with a panoramic views strecthing over the Cathedral, Company Gardens and towards Kloof nek and the Lion, in short spectacular !! The attention to detail in room and bathroom simply immaculate, well thought, tasteful. Waking to rising sun chasing long shadows off Table Mountain's towering front face, teh silence broken only the natterings of Egyptian geese and foraging Guinea fowl in Company Gardens below. If you closed your eyes one could easily imagine this was no different from yester Century, just probably not all that 5 star then. Breakfast down at Mint, surrounded by the very oldest and newest of Cape Town architecture in St Georges Mall was sumptuous, which was rounded off with a stroll into Company Gardens, which I have to compliment the City of Cape Town on upgrading, what a gem of a 'back in time' experience, the Taj is indeed well worth tasting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Taj Cape Town welcomes guests to the vibrant heart of the one of the world's most scenic and desirable cities, Cape Town. The hotel is a combination of rich history and elegant contemporary architectures. Originally home of the South African Reserve Bank and Temple Chambers and later the Board of Executors (BOE), it successfully combines the heritage of the old with the luxury of the new - a 100 years in history! This luxury hotel is perfectly located in the centre of historic Cape Town at the entrance of the famous pedestrian precinct, St George's Mall. It's prime location ensures a blend of fascinating history, exotic culture, soulful art, lively entertainment and delectable cuisine. - Within walking distance to most tourist attractions, monuments, museums, shopping, restaurants, markets and nightlife. Adding to this grand yet welcoming atmosphere are the two dining experiences, the Indian fine dine specialty restaurant, Bombay Brasserie and Mint, a relaxed all-day dining restaurant. Both are warm and welcoming and serve outstanding cuisine. Alongside this you'll find wonderful Champagne and tapas bar known as The Twankey Bar which is exceedingly popular with both locals and guests alike. Rooms are located in both the heritage buildings and the contemporary tower wing, but all continue to seamlessly merge history and modernity. Luxury Rooms have spectacular city or breathtaking mountain views overlooking the famous Table Mountain and the Taj Club Rooms and suites offer all the benefits of the executive Club Lounge including butler service, evening canapes, cocktails and private breakfast. One and Two Bedroom Suites are also available, perfect for the discerning traveller or for families. The award winning Jiva Grande Spa is one of its kind in Africa with unique and authentic wellness treatments and experiences. Also on offer is complimentary use of all wet areas, heated pool, and a high tech gymnasium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Taj Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Taj Cape Town South Africa