Just got back from 4nts in Cape Town at the Taj. Upon arrival we were upgraded to an immense suite with additional sitting areas and very large tub and shower. The fixtures were all very high-end and room was cleaned thoroughly each day. Huge breakfast spread with combination of continental and hot choices + Indian dishes. Didn't eat at any of the other restaurants, so can't say anything about them. Did enjoy the exercise facilities and pool (indoor, no view) which was very refreshing.
Best part about the Taj was the location. Easy walk to Long Street and all major downtown tourist sites, with a quick cab to the VA waterfront or table mountain. I was a bit skeptical about the location, but I was totally mistaken and would love to stay at the Taj again.
Special call-out for the city guides that the Taj had available in the lobby each day. Helped us with hiking routes, city tour and general insights about Cape Town. The concierge was also very helpful with making reservations.
Only complaint would that that the handtowels were inconsistently restocked, sometimes only 1. But a very minor point on an otherwise great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Taj Cape Town welcomes guests to the vibrant heart of the one of the world's most scenic and desirable cities, Cape Town. The hotel is a combination of rich history and elegant contemporary architectures. Originally home of the South African Reserve Bank and Temple Chambers and later the Board of Executors (BOE), it successfully combines the heritage of the old with the luxury of the new - a 100 years in history! This luxury hotel is perfectly located in the centre of historic Cape Town at the entrance of the famous pedestrian precinct, St George's Mall. It's prime location ensures a blend of fascinating history, exotic culture, soulful art, lively entertainment and delectable cuisine. - Within walking distance to most tourist attractions, monuments, museums, shopping, restaurants, markets and nightlife. Adding to this grand yet welcoming atmosphere are the two dining experiences, the Indian fine dine specialty restaurant, Bombay Brasserie and Mint, a relaxed all-day dining restaurant. Both are warm and welcoming and serve outstanding cuisine. Alongside this you'll find wonderful Champagne and tapas bar known as The Twankey Bar which is exceedingly popular with both locals and guests alike. Rooms are located in both the heritage buildings and the contemporary tower wing, but all continue to seamlessly merge history and modernity. Luxury Rooms have spectacular city or breathtaking mountain views overlooking the famous Table Mountain and the Taj Club Rooms and suites offer all the benefits of the executive Club Lounge including butler service, evening canapes, cocktails and private breakfast. One and Two Bedroom Suites are also available, perfect for the discerning traveller or for families. The award winning Jiva Grande Spa is one of its kind in Africa with unique and authentic wellness treatments and experiences. Also on offer is complimentary use of all wet areas, heated pool, and a high tech gymnasium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoftTaj, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Taj Cape Town South Africa