“awesome vacations in Capetown!!!”
Review of Strand Tower Hotel

Ranked #51 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed July 1, 2013

It was a nice place, close to downtown; everything is near by; I was able to take to hop on hop off bus, it was easy also to go to table mountain; most of the visiting places are close to it, including the port and the mal, where I could find a lot of hand-made souvernirs, and they were economical.

Room Tip: my room was on floor 11, and I was facing table mountain which was awesome!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was booked for me without knowing much about it but it did not disappoint. Our flight landed in CT at 0900 ish so we were at a loss until check in time. The Hotel looked after our luggage for us while we waited for our room to be cleaned and then let us in a little earlier too.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2013

a very comfortable stay , courteous staff , clean rooms and lots of good breakfast . Well located too we could walk to places around . The hotel also organized various trips for us and for all local stuff good hotel transport was available .

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GeneralManagerSTH, General Manager at Strand Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Ratalli

I am pleased you found your stay at the Strand Tower Hotel so comfortable and that you enjoyed our large variety of Breakfast items. Since your visit we have implemented a in-house bakery which means the all the baked goods on our buffets are even fresher that ever before!

Our restaurant provides all our guests a true South African experience when it comes to our food selection. Everything from pizza's, swarma's, curies and so much more.

i'm glad you found your room so comfortable and the views from the rooms are truly spectacular.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I spent about three months at Strand hotel and It was a memorable time well spent for me and the team I managed. It is indeed home away from home. The hospitality of the entire staff from the porters, reception, cleaners, reastaurant component was amazing. The staff at the restaurant including the managers accommodated us more than enough in terms of changing the menu to suit our needs, inter alia. They knew all of us by names because we were really residents of Strand Hotel.

I personally would consider staying at Strand Hotel even when I visit with my family for holiday. Strand hotel is a place one visit even when in the neighbouhood. The managers Sally and JP always checked if all was in order and that meant a lot and we mattered to them. 'Advice -guests you want the best hotel in town, choose STRAND HOTEL'

Room Tip: Corner suits are larger and sunny, very comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Nombulelo N

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Strand Tower Hotel. I'm pleased that you felt the Strand Tower Hotel is your home away from home. We always strive to make our guests feel at home.

We pride ourselves in our flexibility towards our guests and will always strive to suit their needs. I trust you made use of our daily 100mb of internet data we provide to all our guests.

I will pass on all your praise to all management and staff.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I booked the 5 night special deal at this hotel in May and I have to say it was the best deal I have ever received from a hotel. It included bed, breakfast, evening meal with a complimentary bottle of good Cape wine, free shuttle to and from airport, free tickets for Hop on Hop off tour buses around the city, free ticket on cable car up Table Mountain, free entrance to the excellent aquarium at the Waterfront, Harbour cruise, and the list goes on. The food was excellent and the staff in the restaurant, reception and at the door were always very helpful, friendly and courteous. The room was very comfortable and spacious with a view over Table Mountain which is a great way to start any day! At 1170 rand (€106) per night you would be hard put to find a better deal anywhere in the world at a similar hotel. I would thoroughly recommend anyone who wants to visit the beautiful city of Cape Town and the scenic beauty of the Cape Peninsula to stay at this hotel and enquire about their special deals. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
GeneralManagerSTH, General Manager at Strand Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear "Brian S"

Thank you for submitting such a wonderful review of your stay at the Strand Tower Hotel. I am glad you made use of our holiday package deal. We pride ourselves on this excellent structured holiday packages that will suit the whole family. We do umping castle, table tennis, pool table, fooz ball, video games for the kids while the parents enjoy the beautiful city of Cape Town.

These packages can be viewed on our website if you would like to book it your next visit to Cape Town.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your holiday with us. I will relay your review to all the staff in the Hotel.

Please contact us for your next visit to Cape Town.

Strand Tower Hotel.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Hotel was clean and bed was huge! Staff very helpful - especially the Maitre-de who was a character! Only downside was that the area is not that safe for a single woman on an evening.. Apart from that would recommend

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
GeneralManagerSTH, General Manager at Strand Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Ali316

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will relay all your praises to all the staff of the Strand Tower Hotel.

It is unfortunate that you did not feel safe in the surrounding city center. Cape Town city center is just like any other international city center and it is always advisable to be cautious when traveling alone. The city of Cape Town does have many initiatives to ensure that our tourist can feel free to walk at night.

Thank you for taking the time to express your satisfaction with the Strand Tower Hotel. We look forward in welcoming you back for your next visit to Cape Town.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

i stayed in the hotel for 2 evenings and the assistance of the doorman was excellent, i will always remember this, the receptionist was friendly and very helpful on my arrival as well as departure when my car had a problem, they assisted immediately. room was big enough and clean. if possible i would have taken my bed, this is the best i ever slept in. service during breakfast needs a bit of attention, food was good though. i will definitely make use of this hotel again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business