“Nice friendly hotel”
Review of Strand Tower Hotel

Strand Tower Hotel
Ranked #51 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stay for 7 nights. Reception staff very friendly, on entering my room on the 13th floor I discovered I was not in a corner deluxe room which I booked on the internet, this was rectified immediately with apologises and handled in a professional manner. As I had stayed in a deluxe room I was able to use the club lounge which offered 24 hour service located on the 3rd Floor, where I found the staff very attentive. I often ate my breakfast in the club lounge as the room had cooking facilities. The General Manager often visited the lounge and spoke with guests which is most unusual in hotels of this size and when I mentioned the mistake about the room, the next day when I returned to my room I found a bottle of wine as an apology for the mess up with the rooms. As for the rooms themselves I found them very clean and in good decorative order. Views from the room were excellent overlooking the harbour. The only downside of my stay at the hotel is there is a nightclub off Strand Street which operates until the early hours, initially the sound of the music did not bother me but towards the end of my stay it did get a little bit annoying especially as I was in the best of health during my stay. Would I stay at the hotel again the answer is yes but it will have to be a room overlooking Strand Street. Would have given 5 stars if was not for the noise from the night club.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank witty92
GeneralManagerSTH, General Manager at Strand Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear witty92,

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor.com about the Strand Tower Hotel. I am really happy that you had such a great stay at the hotel! I was delighted to meet you and that you were able to share your experiences with me. I hope that you are feeling better in the mean time!
Please let me know next time you come to Cape Town, as I look forward to welcoming you again. I will make sure that you will receive a room facing Table Mountain this time so that you can enjoy the other side of the city!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 8 nights. We were fetched from the airport by a knowledgeable driver who told us a lot about the city during the short drive. At the hotel we were welcomed by friendly people and were able to check in ahead of time.
The room was comfortable and nicely furnished. Breakfast was good and we were welcomed with a big smile and a friendly chat. The hotel is very well situated, it takes about 10 minutes to the conference centre, Long Street is a few minutes away with restaurants and markets which sell souvenirs. Overall this stay was one of the nicest and most relaxed we have had in a hotel of this size. The only suggestion we have is to freshen up the dinner menu with a few exciting dishes.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank einarhj

Dear einarhj,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about the Strand Tower Hotel. It gives me great pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful time at the hotel, furthermore that you value the service we provide!
Thank you for the suggestion with regards to the dinner variety. We try to cater for all our guests through our buffet, local and international, and have a large variety of dishes that we serve per day. We will look into the meals offered and see where we can add some more excitement.

Once again thank you for you review and feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you again the next time you visit Cape Town!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Just spent 5 very enjoyable nights at the Strand Tower. At all levels, the service was absolutely superb and it clearly reflects that the management takes great efforts to ensure that they have the right processes in place supported by excellent staff training. Had a nice corner room, super pressure in the shower, big thick towels and a comfortable bed - it does not get any better than that when on the road. Business center was great for a light breakfast and afternoon happy hour. The 2nd floor bar was fine. Decided to dine-in one evening and the dinner buffet in the restaurant looked especially appetizing but I passed in favor of a hamburger that was on a scale well above hotel fare. Laundry service was well above average and delivered back before 6:00 pm. Hotel is close to all downtown attractions, 2 blocks away from the sightseeing bus, walkable to the V&A Waterfront and there is a friendly Irish Pub only 3 blocks away. Wi-fi service worked without a flaw with a generous daily limit included in the room price. Overall, great value for money and far more personalized and even service than what one gets in the larger chains.

Room Tip: Go for a corner room where you have a view of both the harbor and Table Mountain.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard W
GeneralManagerSTH, General Manager at Strand Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear Richard W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about the hotel on Tripadvisor. We really value the feedback given to us! I am really happy that we were able to make your stay a memorable one! At the Strand Tower Hotel, we strive to give the best service possible to our guests, and ensure that the visit to Cape Town is special.

Thank you once again for posting a review about the Strand Tower Hotel, and please let me know next time you visit Cape Town, as we look forward to welcoming you again in the hotel!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I have no problems recommending this hotel. We stayed for. 2 nights. The opening welcome was nice as we were treated with fresh orange juice each and our bags were taken to our room promptly. We had access to the executive suite which was also very nice and handy as we were both staving hungry after a 12 hour flight from the UK. The butlers were very helpful and friendly offereing whatever food or drinks we needed. Then we had breakfast. We loved that. Nice coffee and a great selection to choose from. I loved the omelletes being made fresh while you waited. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kirkbear
GeneralManagerSTH, General Manager at Strand Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Kirkbear,

First of all I'd like to thank you for posting a review about the Strand Tower Hotel. It is great to hear that you enojyed your stay and the service offered by our staff in the executive lounge!
We value all of the feedback given to us by our guests, therefore thank you for your great comments!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Strand Tower Hotel is located on Strand St. Very nice location for visitors. The Staffs are very helpful and friendly. The room was very nice and had a nice view of the city and ocean. The bathroom was big. The internet was fast.

When I was there there were Chinese tour groups and people for conferences so the breakfast buffet was very nice and have many selections.

Room Tip: I got the room on the top floor facing north... it was very nice.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank concorde02

Dear Concorde02,

Many thanks for posting a review on Tripadvisor about the Strand Tower Hotel. It is great to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us. At the hotel we take pride in serving a large variety of food using the best ingredients, and I am very happy that you have enjoyed it!

For your next visit to Cape Town, we look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed in Strand Tower last april and the staff was unbelievable friendy. Christian from the door helped us to arrange all the tours at discounted prices, change money, grab taxis, etc... he was just amazing! The rest of the staff super nice as well. The hotel was always ver clean, I am very picky about this staf, but they overcame all my expectations. Room and bathroom nice and comfortable as well. The hotel has a nice Excecutive Center with a bar open all night. Breakfast included was also good. Location is not the best but you can grab a taxi at the door and pay $10 aprox. to go to the Waterfront. Also, the hop-on/hop-of bus is around the corner, so the location is nothing to worry abuout. Great hotel, great people!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Monty1979
GeneralManagerSTH, General Manager at Strand Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Dear Monty1979,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Strand Tower Hotel. It is a pleasure to learn that you had such a wonderful stay and enjoyed our hospitality!
We look forward to welcoming you again for your next visit to Cape Town!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed one night for a break from the kids and night out on the town. Thank you it was wonderful. Comfy beds. Checking in was a breeze, the cleaning staff and the restaurant staff were all very friendly and informative. The executive club is a wonderful plus point. Breakfast the next morning was also fabulous. The location could not be any better. We had a great stay.

Room Tip: As for a room as high as possible as the view is nicer the higher you are.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Carolyn C,

Many thanks for the wonderful review of the Strand Tower Hotel. Next time you want to get away from your kids and enjoy the nightlife of Cape Town, you know where you have to stay!